Is Cortana having more trouble understanding you than before?

YCSJ2980

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had the developers preview for a while now. At first Cortana understood almost everything I said, and the only issues were really me learning how to ask it questions in the right way. Now Cortana barely understands anything. The annoying part is that these aren't new sentences, these are the same phrases and questions it had no trouble with beforehand. Everything indicated that this was supposed to get smarter as it went along, but the experience is getting worse and worse for me. I understand it's beta, but again these are things it had no problem understanding 2 months ago. I'd ask it to play an MP3... at the beginning it would understand and start playing it, I ask for that same song now, I end up with a web search for the song title. Cortana has gone for me from the best thing about 8.1 to it's most frustrating. Is this really just me?

​YCS

jagudi

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem ... but since I'm Portuguese she might not want to understand me. I even thought he was upset with me:wink:

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
It has definitely been more hit or miss with me as well, but I also attribute that to me having Straight Talk. Straight Talk (AT&T LTE SIM) sucks, and when I'm using wifi it works fine. Check to make sure your coverage is good and nothing wrong with your service.

YCSJ2980

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. I haven't changed plans or carriers, I'm living in the same area, and haven't changed my wifi when I'm using it in the house. Nevertheless the experience is getting worse and worse :-/

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
same here .......starting it was so good but now when i say a to read my incoming text its not even getting it though m connected to wifi also it is unable to understand

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium