I don't know if it is just an artist mock up, or if it has always been there, or if it is showing some new Cortana features coming, but check out Windows Phone 8.1 and Cortana | Windows Phone (United States)

The site shows the following image: capture.jpg

As of right now, Cortana shows "Places to eat this weekend" but it doesn't show the "local events" or "local restaurants" tabs.

Any news on this? Would be a cool restoration of some of the (now sort of hidden) Local scouts feature.
    Amrykid and xandros9 like this.
    05-22-2014 08:26 AM
    I wonder if that exact functionality existed in Cortana's code from the beginning, requiring a service-side update to activate or would it require an actual update.

EDIT:
    Cortana in the video doesn't have the "Beta" tag visible. Also, the time is visible now.
    05-22-2014 12:53 PM
    I don't know if it is just an artist mock up, or if it has always been there, or if it is showing some new Cortana features coming, but check out Windows Phone 8.1 and Cortana | Windows Phone (United States)

The site shows the following image: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	67220

As of right now, Cortana shows "Places to eat this weekend" but it doesn't show the "local events" or "local restaurants" tabs.

Any news on this? Would be a cool restoration of some of the (now sort of hidden) Local scouts feature.
    It often offers me restaurants around lunch time if I'm out and at the weekend if I'm out of the house.

Edit: I do sometimes search for restaurants so perhaps that kicks off adding that to your list?

Maybe it is Places to eat.. isn't that the same?
    05-22-2014 03:35 PM