Hi! Since I don't have any contact with Cortana team, I thought here is the best place for saying that (since uservoice needs points to be seen)

One superior that Windows Phone has is that apps can be called via voice assistant.

I saw an app named "Mosi" that works offline with voice assistant and bring some features of Cortana such as alarm and calendar. And it does it's job real great. (since I'm Persian I didn't except that it recognizes my speech that great!)

And that shows that Microsoft's offline speech recognition is good enough to be used as Cortana's recognition in offline mode for more advanced tasks.

I'd like to see Microsoft keeping it's voice assistant superiority and I think it would be good idea that Cortana be able to do advanced tasks in offline mode.
    05-22-2014 12:33 PM
    05-22-2014 12:35 PM
    Cortana will be able to do offline tasks, but only those tasks that a dev designs it to do.. To actually get her on your phone itself so that you can use her offline would be a huge mistake... But since I have no proof only take my comment as speculation... hit or miss..
    The reason she is not on our phones as a simple app that we can open and use in offline mode is prolly because she would consume too much space.. Putting her in the cloud instead was thus a brilliant idea.. And this immediately ties into the whole "internet of things" concept MS has going.. For some reason MS seems to think we are always connected to the internet lol This might be true for some countries, but not all..

in any case it comes down to having some functionality over having no space
    05-22-2014 12:40 PM
    Cortana will be able to do offline tasks, but only those tasks that a dev designs it to do.. To actually get her on your phone itself so that you can use her offline would be a huge mistake... But since I have no proof only take my comment as speculation... hit or miss..
    The reason she is not on our phones as a simple app that we can open and use in offline mode is prolly because she would consume too much space.. Putting her in the cloud instead was thus a brilliant idea.. And this immediately ties into the whole "internet of things" concept MS has going.. For some reason MS seems to think we are always connected to the internet lol This might be true for some countries, but not all..

in any case it comes down to having some functionality over having no space
    Well I didn't ask for Cortana telling me how much calories does banana have in offline mode.

Currently Cortana does something like shuffle music and something like call or "show me all emails form somebody" (although I don't undrestand why since it searches whole phrase in the phone!) in offline mode and I just asked for something a little more advanced.

Actually Mosi uses only 10MB of my stage since it uses windows phone built in voice recognition (if you use slow internet connection like me you see that when you ask Cortana something, first the built in voice recognition result shows up then the Bing recognition result shows up) and I asked that Cortana does that thing like the app.
    Last edited by Ahmadali Shafiee; 05-22-2014 at 01:06 PM. Reason: something was missing!/wrong ago name
    ven07 likes this.
    05-22-2014 01:02 PM
    Yes I would be great if cortana would work in off line mode the same way we download off line maps we can download cortana is off line and can use many simple commands with out internet
    05-22-2014 07:26 PM