Cortana updated today!!! (New animations + Live tile + more!)

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed Cortana has been updated today? Here's what I noticed so far:
- When you click on the Cortana tile, she has new animated expressions (for example, she turns into a bouncy ball like she's excited... really cool!)
- The live tile now has new icons on it - The normal Cortana breathing icon, Weather, Traffic to work, and now the weather icon (eg. today it shows a cloud with a sun)
- New interests + notifications available in Cortana's notebook (for e.g. specific news types, traffic notifications)
- New quiz option at the bottom of today view to let Cortana learn a bit more about your personal interests/habits.
- New "Give Cortana Feedback" link at the bottom of Cortana's today view.

Have you noticed any other changes?

Last edited:

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana updated today!!! (New animations + Live tile)

yeah I notice the bouncing animation I think late last night or early this morning. I thought that was new, lol

Oh I really don't like that they are and can update cortana. with out letting us know whats new besides just happening to run across it. I would like to know whats happen on the backend . Just so we can take advantage of the new features that are some time not so obvious.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone else noticed Cortana has been updated today? Here's what I noticed so far:
- When you click on the Cortana tile, she has new animated expressions (for example, she turns into a bouncy ball like she's excited... really cool!)
- The live tile now has new icons on it - The normal Cortana breathing icon, Weather, Traffic to work, and now the weather icon (eg. today it shows a cloud with a sun)

How did you get this new update? Did it do it automatically, or through phone update?

I don't seem to have this!

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

How did you get this new update? Did it do it automatically, or through phone update?

I don't seem to have this!

I didn't do anything... it just automatically started happening for me this morning. I believe Cortana is able to be updated from their end without an app update (similar to Bing search results). Maybe try restarting? or maybe it's still rolling out?

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Well she finally says our name when you ask..."what's my name" ....nope scratch that it stopped working... I guess she got tired of calling me "awesome Adam"

I have the new update on my 1020...both of my 1520's don't have it yet.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, they must be doing something atm. It was weird, earlier this morning I had the update...went to class, now I don't.
You're actually right... I changed my reply :).... I don't see any of the updates anymore :S Like it magically disappeared... so strange.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the update this morning, and now its gone. They definitely rolled it back. I had new news types (news around me), the live tile with weather etc, the horizontal divider lines between the info sections, feedback to cortana team.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
- New interests + notifications available in Cortana's notebook (for e.g. specific news types, traffic notifications)
- New quiz option at the bottom of today view to let Cortana learn a bit more about your personal interests/habits.
- New "Give Cortana Feedback" link at the bottom of Cortana's today view.

Can you show a screenshot of the different icons

Sean D.

Aug 18, 2008
Visit site

yeah I notice the bouncing animation I think late last night or early this morning. I thought that was new, lol

Oh I really don't like that they are and can update cortana. with out letting us know whats new besides just happening to run across it. I would like to know whats happen on the backend . Just so we can take advantage of the new features that are some time not so obvious.

Belfiore told you they were going to do that already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise