Cortana trip planner

Crash31002

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Where is the trip planner. I went on a trip to VA last weekend, bit Cortana did or said nothing about it. However I did drive but I had her put the trip in my calendar. All she did was alert me that I had an event scheduled. None of the location info I put in made a difference. I was just wondering if it was just flight info or what? If Cortana has a trip planner don't you think it shouldn't matter weather you drive or fly. A trip is a trip. Just a thought.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
She's tracked flights for me and told me I need to leave for an appointment. I think the "you better leave now" alert only happens if the appointment has an exact street address. And it needs to be in the calendar that Cortana is watching.
What exactly were you hoping would happen?

Crash31002

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am just wondering why it is a trip planner if the trip is only a flight. She lets me know when to leave for work and go home just fine. And that is a good point I also use google calendar, I never thought of that, thanks.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Try making some test appointments on your outlook calendar that include an exact address. You should get departure alerts.
I kind of understand your point about taking a driving trip, but it's not quite the same as a flight. The beauty of Cortana's Trip Planner is that it happens in the background just by seeing a flight confirmation email. You don't have to do anything. It knows exactly where you're going, and when. If you're driving you can leave any time you want, and you're likely to stop along the way.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Cortana tracked six flights successfully until last week. It was able to find the details for them from the emails I had and worked ok. Now it doesn't

Day before yesterday and yesterday I was flying back and forth in Europe, reservations made last week before end of May. I was waiting to see when it would ask whether to track my flights and forecast weather at destination, but it did nothing of that sort despite reservation confirmation emails, forwarding of these to TripIt Plans, mobile boarding pass emails etc. There is no trace of this flight in Cortana despite the flight tracking option is active.

What happened? Why is it broken now?

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Cortana tracked six flights successfully until last week. It was able to find the details for them from the emails I had and worked ok. Now it doesn't

Day before yesterday and yesterday I was flying back and forth in Europe, reservations made last week before end of May. I was waiting to see when it would ask whether to track my flights and forecast weather at destination, but it did nothing of that sort despite reservation confirmation emails, forwarding of these to TripIt Plans, mobile boarding pass emails etc. There is no trace of this flight in Cortana despite the flight tracking option is active.

What happened? Why is it broken now?

Since yesterday Cortana's commute alerts stopped working on my 925 too. Don't know why. I posted on this in another thread and someone also reported the problem.
Another thing is Cortana's live tile behavior is different since then. Now it's only showing weather info.
Back-end problems? No idea. Strange is that no one else is talking about this. Beta stuff probably.

Last edited:

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok, everything is fine again after update. My commute alerts are back and Cortana's live tile is seamless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs