[SEMI-OFF] Store shows phone offline

fonix232

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Recently I've been having some issues. As my location and language has been set to the US to be able to use Cortana, I was forced to use the US localized Store website (why can't MS have a unified Store, pretty much like Google Play?). It wasn't a problem up to a few weeks back (approximately coinciding with the first update to the Dev Preview), but since, my phone is shown offline on, and only on the US Store web interface. I've attached the screenshots of the GB and the US store, marking the interests (I guess not many know that the upper right corner "user tab" displays the phone with a switched on screen if the phone is currently communicating with the server, in layman's terms, if it's online).

So my problem is that even though the US store does not detect my phone online EVER, it is still updated (apps I install appear as owned, offers for reinstalling, etc.), but I'm still unable to install apps directly from the web. Does anyone have the same problem by any chance, and if yes, did any of you find a solution? I would rather not lose Cortana, got really attached to her (reading me my messages, waking me up in time for meetings, work, etc., letting calls through when necessary, and so on), but sometimes using the web interface would be crucial (I'm way too lazy to do the same on my phone).

screenshot_GB.PNG
screenshot_US.PNG

fonix232

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
As I said - it's a continuous problem. The screenshots up there were taken about 20 second apart, so it's not a temporary outage like in your case. It's just never showing up online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb