I was pleasantly surprised when Cortana detected my flights (going and return) through my email, and asked me if i wanted her to track them. Ofcourse I said yes. I was expecting Cortana to give me flight updates on the day of my flight. Nope. Cortana showed that my flight was early and gave me amazing amounts of info. But one day before. And didn't show anything on flight day. I live in India though, so I expect these things to be buggy. Anyone else experienced the same in the US? I'll update this post with my experience of the return flight.
    06-08-2014 02:18 AM
    I was pleasantly surprised when Cortana detected my flights (going and return) through my email, and asked me if i wanted her to track them. Ofcourse I said yes. I was expecting Cortana to give me flight updates on the day of my flight. Nope. Cortana showed that my flight was early and gave me amazing amounts of info. But one day before. And didn't show anything on flight day. I live in India though, so I expect these things to be buggy. Anyone else experienced the same in the US? I'll update this post with my experience of the return flight.
    She tracked my flight perfectly once but the other time she couldn't

Was it because the flight tickets were sent to me by my dad rather then receiving it directly from airline ??!
    06-08-2014 01:24 PM
    Ugh, I wish we fixed this, but it's so freaking tricky... Trust me, THIS is getting a LOT of attention with the Dev Team.
    realwarder likes this.
    06-08-2014 03:56 PM
    Ugh, I wish we fixed this, but it's so freaking tricky... Trust me, THIS is getting a LOT of attention with the Dev Team.
    06-09-2014 11:20 PM
    No excuses. Multiple applications on many platforms offer this function (Google Now, Tripit and so on) and they can get it right (I live in India too).

edit: It seems there are many providers of such information (e.g. FlightAware) with an API interface. MS should just tie up with them instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.
    teemulehtinen likes this.
    06-10-2014 02:54 AM