Cortana just got updated..

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Does this mean she wont go nuts if I pin her on my home screen now?. Before if pinned. Shed go nuts and sap heaps of power and overheat my phone

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
You guys that got the update and use the live tile can you see any diff in battery usage. I had to remove the tile for that reason.
Also is there a certain way to tell for sure its been updated? Saying your name? She did that before.

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I get no sign of Cortana being updated. She says my name when I ask her who I was, though. But getting her to respond to that question is kinda based on luck. Most of the time I ask "what's my name" or "who am I" she gives Bing search. But I keep trying and she answers eventually. This is like trying shamelessly to pick up a girl lol

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Also is there a certain way to tell for sure its been updated? Saying your name? She did that before.

I guess a sure way to know would be by looking at your feed ?if it contains lines to divide information (look below the watchlist), then you have the update. I really don't find them necessary or good looking, but oh well.

i5WQAYfl.png

Also, thanks ortizang. :)

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Phone update! Maybe by the time that's done, my Cortana update will hit. But i'm not holding my breath. She still can't say my name.

Edit: Nope :(

Last edited:

tiggscolo

May 30, 2011
Visit site
She also now appears to read details out when you ask who someone is. I asked who Spider Man was and she totally gave away his secret identity, and told me he was fictional.

Will Munshower

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Now, I have the update. It's pretty cool. I asked her who Geddy Lee was, and she read a brief bio on him. My son's 5s can't do that!

Edit: Ummm...I just referred to Cortana as 'her'....That's creepy.

GohanGautham

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
NL620 in India here and I have the update! :) ! Its awesome! :) ! Though I didn't know about the eat+drink addition thanks for letting me know! :) ! I still haven't got the quiz too! :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro