Cortana just got updated..

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else still not getting the reminders from Cortana to leave for work or for home? I've never been able to get this to work even though if I ask Cortana "How long will it take to get to work", she answers correctly. Conversely, if I ask her how long it will take to get home, she's right on the money. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I got a mail voice this morning, and Cortana was quitting when I clicked on the notebook. I did a soft reset and got everything back to normal. That was weird.

Edit: should have wrote "male voice". lol

Last edited:

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I got a mail voice this morning, and Cortana was quitting when I clicked on the notebook. I did a soft reset and got everything back to normal. That was weird.

Were you being serious?

You got a voice mail with Cortana saying she was quitting? You must have been a tough boss

Last edited:

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had the lines between sections for about a week. Just today she showed the weather on the app tile. Still no quiz, but I'm not very concerned about that.

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
weird... so the "who is" appears to be working.. However I still do not have the border lines separting subjects and Cortana still does not say my name, no quiz and no weather icon on the Cortana live tile. Anything else i should try that would indicate new features?

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else still not getting the reminders from Cortana to leave for work or for home? I've never been able to get this to work even though if I ask Cortana "How long will it take to get to work", she answers correctly. Conversely, if I ask her how long it will take to get home, she's right on the money. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Hey, have you scheduled "work" to your calendar? Work should also be in her notebook, under places. Under interests, your daily glance feature should also be turned on (same with traffic info updates). And don't forget to choose which gps navigation system you would like to have cortana integrated with. Just my guess, but I'm always in with Nokia Here Drive. At last but not least, this is still in beta (I know you are not a noob) and her job is at the back end, and she learns things you do regularly, so repeat stuff until she starts showing some love. My 2 cents. Cheers! PS.: she started giving me the optimal time to leave home from nowhere. I was driving and received her notification. It was very surprising! Don't forget to schedule to calendar the time you arrive and leave work. It's address (exactly written) should also be there and in the commute settings on Here Drive! PS2.: just read from another guy's post: allow Cortana to run in the background too!

Last edited:

fazil6

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Go to cortana/ interests/ trafic

There will be few options to tick. Turn both on. And u r good to go. Hope this will work.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
rymy4ume.png
7eve6asu.png

Mine updated some hours ago!!!
Sent from my RM-885_eu_france_266 using Tapatalk

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Yay I just got the update a few hours ago :)) loving my baby Cortana :)) I've wanted to do this for so freaking long. Creepy, isn't it?
Sent from my RM-846_apac_vietnam_203 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140618_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140618_0001.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99