Practicality?

BK1112

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!
I'm an iPhone user and have tested Siri even though I did not find the function very useful. First of all because I feel stupid talking to a machine, second because I usually do things faster with my fingers than pushing a button and pronouncing the command and then looking at the screen again.

Now I'm about to buy the 930 and would like to know if Cortana can be used for more practical things, like setting the bluetooth on/off, locking the phone and such kind of things, rather than making appointments and Binging searches?

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
She can switch Bluetooth on and off. I've never tried to use her to lock my phone, though. It does that automatically.

You can add the Bluetooth button to your quick actions in the Action Centre, too.

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
One thing is quite controversial.. how come they allow Cortana to turn OFF WiFi if she works only in online mode? :) isn't that something like "Turn yourself OFF" or "Shut up for the next hour"

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One thing is quite controversial.. how come they allow Cortana to turn OFF WiFi if she works only in online mode? :) isn't that something like "Turn yourself OFF" or "Shut up for the next hour"

I would either think:
1. She simply falls back to cellular data.
2. She can do those sort of things offline, but I dont know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs