Cortana Places and Directions

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Cortana knows my home address and my work address and works well to remind me that I better stop messing around and get to work on time. However, the route Cortana shows is not the route I actually take to work. She maps my route using major roads, which is the most direct with the least amount of turns. But I take a series of back country roads because it's actually a bit shorter and faster because of less traffic. As such her calculations based on traffic flow don't really apply. I understand there aren't as many road sensors for her to use for watching traffic the way I go versus the way she thinks I go but I'm not going to change my route. So, is there a way I can modify the routing in her map so she knows my actual route that I take? That would make me happy and I'm sure she would be much happier knowing she got it right.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree, the time issue is normally fairly close, but if there are traffic issues either her way or mine, I'm getting the wrong info, and that's when I need it the most.

I did find that even though Cortana is showing a different route than mine, if I click on the map that Cortana displays, Here Drive opens up and a route a little bit closer (though not exactly) to the one I actually take is presented. Now if I can get all three of us taking the same route that would be perfect.

P.S. thanks for the link to the other thread. I searched but didn't find it before posting this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720