Cortana knows my home address and my work address and works well to remind me that I better stop messing around and get to work on time. However, the route Cortana shows is not the route I actually take to work. She maps my route using major roads, which is the most direct with the least amount of turns. But I take a series of back country roads because it's actually a bit shorter and faster because of less traffic. As such her calculations based on traffic flow don't really apply. I understand there aren't as many road sensors for her to use for watching traffic the way I go versus the way she thinks I go but I'm not going to change my route. So, is there a way I can modify the routing in her map so she knows my actual route that I take? That would make me happy and I'm sure she would be much happier knowing she got it right.
    06-11-2014 10:10 PM
    Have the exact same issue. The funny thing is that it takes about the same amount of time either way, so her prediction is still correct.

Discussing it on this thread:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/cor...red-route.html
    xFalk likes this.
    06-12-2014 08:53 AM
    I agree, the time issue is normally fairly close, but if there are traffic issues either her way or mine, I'm getting the wrong info, and that's when I need it the most.

I did find that even though Cortana is showing a different route than mine, if I click on the map that Cortana displays, Here Drive opens up and a route a little bit closer (though not exactly) to the one I actually take is presented. Now if I can get all three of us taking the same route that would be perfect.

P.S. thanks for the link to the other thread. I searched but didn't find it before posting this one.
    06-12-2014 02:35 PM