05-11-2015 01:37 AM
48 12
tools
    I asked Cortana the same thing, and I got the proper response (ethernet cord).
    lol, yeah. They're doing a lot of construction on campus right now and it was loud out where I was walking. When I got back to my car and repeated the same command she was able to understand. I just about died laughing though!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2014 01:10 PM
    Saxon is definitely decoded as sex in or sex on.

Gotta be careful with that word!
    06-23-2014 01:32 PM
    Remind me to pick my Sax up. => Remind me to pick my Sex up.

Saxophone starts as sex o... before becoming saxophone.

So, Cortana prefers the word sex. She's probably using Internet statistics to justify that one.
    TheJoester09 likes this.
    06-23-2014 01:36 PM
    Try asking Cortana abot the film Alysium... i gave up lol
    Perhaps this is because it's actually called Elysium.
    06-25-2014 07:08 AM
    You do appreciate the question was asked not typed !!
    06-25-2014 07:12 AM
    I asked it to send a text to my daughter. It should have read Are you coming home today?
    But no matter how many times I tried to correct it, it put it as Are you coming home to die?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    06-25-2014 01:01 PM
    I asked it to send a text to my daughter. It should have read Are you coming home today?
    But no matter how many times I tried to correct it, it put it as Are you coming home to die?
    Are you from Australia?
    vitor.rf likes this.
    06-25-2014 02:20 PM
    Are you from Australia?
    Could also be Birmingham lol
    06-25-2014 04:14 PM

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I loled at this one ๐Ÿ˜†
    06-25-2014 09:16 PM
    No, I am from London. I must have sat here for about 5 minutes.Talking in my own cockney accent,posh accent, American accent.Talking at my regular pace, slowing it down.The thing is, when I watched it as it was dictated, it would sometimes say today then change at the last second to To die.
    06-26-2014 12:21 AM
    No, I am from London. I must have sat here for about 5 minutes.Talking in my own cockney accent,posh accent, American accent.Talking at my regular pace, slowing it down.The thing is, when I watched it as it was dictated, it would sometimes say today then change at the last second to To die.
    Here's an idea....you could help the Cortana development team with accent programming by putting your phone really close to the TV when Eastenders is on :-) I'd love to hear Cortana in Cockney LOL. "Rodney, you plonka!"

Does Siri do cockney?
    06-26-2014 03:55 AM
    Well I must say, I tried again today, and it got it right every time.Maybe the elocution lessons are paying off :)
    06-26-2014 04:00 AM
    *Laughs*

Ok, this one got me. :P

UK is not officially released yet which means the Voice Recognition Engine for English (British) is not out there.

Let me check with some folks to make sure this is something that is on the table.

Thanks for the chuckles!!
    Jcmg62 likes this.
    06-26-2014 09:23 AM
    *Laughs*

Ok, this one got me. :P

UK is not officially released yet which means the Voice Recognition Engine for English (British) is not out there.

Let me check with some folks to make sure this is something that is on the table.

Thanks for the chuckles!!
    Thanks Taledron. Cockney slang really is a language all on its own. Obviously it would be really tough for Cortana to nail every cockney rhyme and expression, but if she was conversant in a few of them it would be a real USP in the Cortana vs Siri battle here in the UK.

Check this out: Cockney Rhyming Slang, London Slang, Rhyming Slang Dictionary
    06-26-2014 10:48 AM
    I find putting on my best American accent helps. Not sure exactly where in the US I'm from, somewhere between Texas and Wales I've been told, but she seems to understand me.
    06-26-2014 05:08 PM
    I find putting on my best American accent helps. Not sure exactly where in the US I'm from, somewhere between Texas and Wales I've been told, but she seems to understand me.
    I say: "Open Insider" (with british accent) and she open! =D
    Jcmg62 and Ross Starkey like this.
    06-26-2014 10:12 PM
    This had me laughing all the way home tonight, I wanted my wife to ring Halfords about something so I said to Cortana after finding the wife as a contact

"ring Halfords"

Cortana reads back
    "Ring hole hurts" send or try again

It just had to be send ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† I laughed all the way home
    Jcmg62 likes this.
    07-16-2014 11:08 AM
    Windows phone speech to text has always had a dirty mind. I'll never forget trying to text my wife:
    "Text Kate"
    "Searching for, Sex Tape"

Nonononononono!
    07-16-2014 01:34 PM
    Windows phone speech to text has always had a dirty mind. I'll never forget trying to text my wife:
    "Text Kate"

Nonononononono!
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :-)))))))).......so, did she send you a tape? If yes, sharing is caring brother
    07-17-2014 04:27 AM
    "Text Kate"

Nonononononono!
    What did the **** say?
    07-21-2014 05:36 PM
    So, out of curiosity....Cortana has been in the UK for nearly a year now and I'd be interested in hearing how she's getting on with local dialect?

I personally find that while her grasp of my accent has improved, it's still 50/50 whether she'll understand me the first time around.

As for the adverts where she nails it first time with every question and sets up reminders seamlessly....well, let's just say Cortana on the TV is a far cry from the Cortana I have on my phone.

How's everyone else getting on? Is she still learning? Has she improved her understanding of our collective accents or are we just altering our dialects and speech patterns to get her to work?
    05-07-2015 08:47 AM
    I'm not sure if Cortana has gotten lazier or if my accent has gotten worse, but it seems like when I first got my phone she usually understood me. Lately she has had some trouble with my Texas accent (which I heard a recording of and was horrified by). Maybe it had something to do with not talking to her for a long time (just moved to a hands-free city so I'm back to Cortana).
    05-08-2015 05:53 PM
    I'm not sure if Cortana has gotten lazier or if my accent has gotten worse, but it seems like when I first got my phone she usually understood me. Lately she has had some trouble with my Texas accent (which I heard a recording of and was horrified by). Maybe it had something to do with not talking to her for a long time (just moved to a hands-free city so I'm back to Cortana).
    I agree. I've found in the past 2-3 months that her ability to understand me has definitely taken a turn for the worse.
    k72 likes this.
    05-11-2015 01:37 AM
48 12