Cortana needs to figure out British Accents fast or she's gonna get me arrested......

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
This had me laughing all the way home tonight, I wanted my wife to ring Halfords about something so I said to Cortana after finding the wife as a contact

"ring Halfords"

Cortana reads back
"Ring hole hurts" send or try again

It just had to be send 😆😆😆😆 I laughed all the way home

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Windows phone speech to text has always had a dirty mind. I'll never forget trying to text my wife:
"Text Kate"
"Searching for, Sex Tape"

Nonononononono!

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone speech to text has always had a dirty mind. I'll never forget trying to text my wife:
"Text Kate"
"Searching for, Sex Tape"

Nonononononono!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :)))))))).......so, did she send you a tape? If yes, sharing is caring brother

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So, out of curiosity....Cortana has been in the UK for nearly a year now and I'd be interested in hearing how she's getting on with local dialect?

I personally find that while her grasp of my accent has improved, it's still 50/50 whether she'll understand me the first time around.

As for the adverts where she nails it first time with every question and sets up reminders seamlessly....well, let's just say Cortana on the TV is a far cry from the Cortana I have on my phone.

How's everyone else getting on? Is she still learning? Has she improved her understanding of our collective accents or are we just altering our dialects and speech patterns to get her to work?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if Cortana has gotten lazier or if my accent has gotten worse, but it seems like when I first got my phone she usually understood me. Lately she has had some trouble with my Texas accent (which I heard a recording of and was horrified by). Maybe it had something to do with not talking to her for a long time (just moved to a hands-free city so I'm back to Cortana).

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if Cortana has gotten lazier or if my accent has gotten worse, but it seems like when I first got my phone she usually understood me. Lately she has had some trouble with my Texas accent (which I heard a recording of and was horrified by). Maybe it had something to do with not talking to her for a long time (just moved to a hands-free city so I'm back to Cortana).

I agree. I've found in the past 2-3 months that her ability to understand me has definitely taken a turn for the worse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs