06-19-2014 10:46 PM
48 12
tools
    That's creepy.
    definitely
    06-18-2014 06:50 AM
    I actually agree with the guy up there. It might sound a little creepy, bit I do think that the user should have the freedom to choose what they want to say to activate Cortana.
    06-18-2014 08:12 PM
    I think simply "Cortana, ..." would be nice. Something like "Hey, ...", "Hi, ..." or whatever, sounds like you are waiting for a response, but "Cortana, do this, this and this" might simply speed up the entire process.
    06-19-2014 06:04 AM
    I think simply "Cortana, ..." would be nice. Something like "Hey, ...", "Hi, ..." or whatever, sounds like you are waiting for a response, but "Cortana, do this, this and this" might simply speed up the entire process.
    Yeah, but the concern is you may accidentally activate Cortana whenever you mention her name.
    06-19-2014 07:48 AM
    I think we would need a passcode as well when we initiate Cortana, otherwise anyone could pick up my phone and have Cortana start doing things. Just like we need to enter a passcode to unlock the phone to be able to do certain tasks, Cortana should have that same security of some sort.
    06-19-2014 09:12 AM
    I think just "Hey Cortana" would suffice as, unlike Google, you're not often going to say the word Cortana in another context. So, while Google Now needs the specific "Ok Google Now" to avoid confusion, a simple "Hey Cortana" would seemingly be simple enough, conversational, and avoid accidental activation.
    06-19-2014 09:18 AM
    Yeah, but the concern is you may accidentally activate Cortana whenever you mention her name.
    The thing is that Cortana will only do tasks in an appropriate manner, e.g. "Cortana, remind me to watch this movie" will create a reminder, while something like "I'm using Cortana very much and I enjoy it" will not trigger anything. Take a look at the syntax, first is the addressing, followed by the request.
    It would be great, if Cortana will not do anything (not even a web search) unless you say everything correctly.
    I think it will be easier to implement with a more precise addressing, like "Hey, Cortana..." or whatever, but I guess MS is aware about "Hey" (c) "trademark" implemented in Siri.
    06-19-2014 09:25 AM
    I think just "Hey Cortana" would suffice as, unlike Google, you're not often going to say the word Cortana in another context. So, while Google Now needs the specific "Ok Google Now" to avoid confusion, a simple "Hey Cortana" would seemingly be simple enough, conversational, and avoid accidental activation.
    The problem is that Apple already uses "Hey, Siri...", so they could easily sue MS ;)
    06-19-2014 09:26 AM
    Customisable greetings + voice recognition would go a long way IMHO
    Alex Blast likes this.
    06-19-2014 10:10 AM
    I think we would need a passcode as well when we initiate Cortana, otherwise anyone could pick up my phone and have Cortana start doing things. Just like we need to enter a passcode to unlock the phone to be able to do certain tasks, Cortana should have that same security of some sort.
    The Moto X wakes up & unlocks only by the user's voice. I cannot wake up my wife's Moto X by saying "OK Google Now". During device setup the Moto X has you train it to your voice. Something like that is valuable for an always listening scenario, and I think it would work good for Cortana.
    06-19-2014 10:33 AM
    Just Cortana..!!
    I just want to say "Cortana"
    and would like to hear that little ting and "Greetings, (My Name).."
    Or How Can i help you??
    Or a simple "Yes?"..!!
    06-19-2014 11:13 AM
    has anybody come up with "knock knock"?
    Silviu Bogusevschi likes this.
    06-19-2014 12:36 PM
    has anybody come up with "knock knock"?
    Haha, I love it.
    "Knock knock, Cortana".
    Best ever :)
    06-19-2014 12:42 PM
    Contextual recognition is too hard right now. I think the best route is the option to choose a 'special' word to activate Cortana. Otherwise, She will be activated by accident constantly.
    06-19-2014 12:45 PM
    Yo *****!
    Knock knock is funny.

It would be great just to customize it.
    06-19-2014 12:59 PM
    What would be secure on a passcode that you speak out loud each time you want something from Cortina.
    Last edited by Rasetech; 06-20-2014 at 02:33 AM.
    tgp likes this.
    06-19-2014 03:07 PM
    The best thing the programmers can do is give it multiple wake-up phrases.
    Hello,hi, hey, good morning, good afternoon, what's up, etc., followed by cortana. I believe this adds to the natural experience Microsoft is striving for with Cortana.
    06-19-2014 07:26 PM
    I say "Hey, Cortana". So what if Apple used it? I honestly don't care. Hey is the most used word to get someone's attention. Unless you want to use "Yo, Cortana" :)
    Antony Chan likes this.
    06-19-2014 07:45 PM
    I say "Hey, Cortana". So what if Apple used it? I honestly don't care. Hey is the most used word to get someone's attention. Unless you want to use "Yo, Cortana" :)
    Here in Brazil, people don't say so much "Hey", is "Hi".
    06-19-2014 08:17 PM
    You know what? I want to be able to customize how I want to wake up Cortana. I don't want to be confined to any one uptight command. I want to feel like I'm speaking to a human, not to my phone.
    06-19-2014 08:31 PM
    You know what? I want to be able to customize how I want to wake up Cortana. I don't want to be confined to any one uptight command. I want to feel like I'm speaking to a human, not to my phone.
    Like:
    Hey baby
    Hi love
    Alex Blast likes this.
    06-19-2014 09:23 PM
    Like:

Hey baby

Hi love

You get me! You don't wanna know what I name myself in my phone. Everytime I ask Cor "who am I", I get some good laugh
    06-19-2014 09:25 PM
    You can secure her now.. it's in the options (top right icon in Cortana) so she cannot be activated until pin is typed.

Even how she is by default, you cannot do many things without confirming a pin.
    06-19-2014 10:46 PM
48 12