[Brainstorm] How do you want to voice activate Cortana?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I think we would need a passcode as well when we initiate Cortana, otherwise anyone could pick up my phone and have Cortana start doing things. Just like we need to enter a passcode to unlock the phone to be able to do certain tasks, Cortana should have that same security of some sort.

What would be secure on a passcode that you speak out loud each time you want something from Cortina.

Last edited:

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
The best thing the programmers can do is give it multiple wake-up phrases.
Hello,hi, hey, good morning, good afternoon, what's up, etc., followed by cortana. I believe this adds to the natural experience Microsoft is striving for with Cortana.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I say "Hey, Cortana". So what if Apple used it? I honestly don't care. Hey is the most used word to get someone's attention. Unless you want to use "Yo, Cortana" :)

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
You know what? I want to be able to customize how I want to wake up Cortana. I don't want to be confined to any one uptight command. I want to feel like I'm speaking to a human, not to my phone.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think we would need a passcode as well when we initiate Cortana, otherwise anyone could pick up my phone and have Cortana start doing things. Just like we need to enter a passcode to unlock the phone to be able to do certain tasks, Cortana should have that same security of some sort.

You can secure her now.. it's in the options (top right icon in Cortana) so she cannot be activated until pin is typed.

Even how she is by default, you cannot do many things without confirming a pin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos