No cortana on 8x?

John r D

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Newbie here guys so go easy on me lol. I bought a HTC 8x the other day it's running 8.1 everything is good accept i don't have the cortana thing lol. I'm in canada and my location is set up as United States!
Thanks for any help in advance!

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If its anything like my uk 8x I cant whatever I do delete the uk setting I can add but not remove as built into the firmware. You on the other hand maybe in with a chance of making sure every setting keyboard, language, region and speech are all set to us and have no other regions on there and reboot the phone and should all be working. If like me you have an extra region that wont delete its not going to work sorry!

John r D

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've tried everything still nothing :-( everything is set to united states, in the language setting there english united kingdom and it won't let me delete it! just like stickeyshocker had said, no go i guess

Last edited:

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I've tried everything still nothing :-( everything is set to united states, in the language setting there english united kingdom and it won't let me delete it! just like stickeyshocker had said, no go i guess

On the bright side the UK is one of the first on the list to get it when it rolls out. Not sure why HTC did what they did with the 8x

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
On the bright side the UK is one of the first on the list to get it when it rolls out. Not sure why HTC did what they did with the 8x

Who knows why htc do what they do with anything. As for the actual question the uk settings that would be your problem just like the rest of us.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Same here with 8s. I did hard reset many times and there is no option to set English (US) as primary language/region on phone. We have to wait for official release of Cortana for UK.

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Guys this has been mentioned before, it has something to do with the stock firmware or something on the phone that will not allow you to change that part of the setup to get Cortana, there is nothing you can do really.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Guys this has been mentioned before, it has something to do with the stock firmware or something on the phone that will not allow you to change that part of the setup to get Cortana, there is nothing you can do really.
See problem is hes in Canada with a uk phone so hes never going to actually get the correct Cortana when they release it in Canada its always going to be the uk version

Roy Humphreys

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure you have tried this yet but make sure that US English is at the top of the list and it should work. Not just good enough to have US English installed. If you have tried this, please accept my apologise but I found that Cortana didn't work on my 1020 until I did this. Good luck.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure you have tried this yet but make sure that US English is at the top of the list and it should work. Not just good enough to have US English installed. If you have tried this, please accept my apologise but I found that Cortana didn't work on my 1020 until I did this. Good luck.
I personally have tried this but still nothing spent 2 hours 1 evening thinking I could get it working and be a god on here but no couldn't get it working and I'm still a nobody

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter where his phone came from either as ive read of users in the US with 8x that still cant get Cortana because of the same problem.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Its the HTC device itself. Canadian and I'm able to switch fully to the US on my ATIV S but not able to do so on my 8X

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am able to use it fine on my 8x, but then again, I am in the US with a US 8x, so no brainer.

HOWEVER, UK, China, India and Canada are on their way. Some sooner than others (UK and China in the coming weeks). India and Canada are a little further out, but it's coming!

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am able to use it fine on my 8x, but then again, I am in the US with a US 8x, so no brainer.

HOWEVER, UK, China, India and Canada are on their way. Some sooner than others (UK and China in the coming weeks). India and Canada are a little further out, but it's coming!

My point was if the op has a UK 8x even if Cortana is available in Canada wouldn't he be stuck with the UK version?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs