Are you on the latest Cortana bits? Check here!

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
[NOTE]Please Read!!![/NOTE]

[INFO]There are two simple ways to determine if they are getting the latest service bits for Cortana

#1: A line separating interests on their Cortana canvas (app launch Cortana (not from the search button) and wait for the canvas to show in full ? If you have more than one interest then you should see a line between each)

#2: Set your name in Cortana notebook - Notebook (the settings icon) -> Settings -> Change my name. Set it to something. Then query (by voice) ?what is my name?. You should hear Cortana read it out to you.
[/INFO]

Also of note, this uninstall/reinstall Finance and other Bing Apps is a red herring. There are absolutely NO dependencies related to these apps and Cortana.

Everyone please take some time to verify using the methods above to make sure you are on the latest bits. Once that is done, leave a reply stating that you have done the above and what your issue is.

[WARN]I can ONLY take issues from US customers, everyone else can reply, but if you are not in the US, please don't try and submit info, it'll skew our ability to investigate. In short, if you are non-US and have your region set to US to get Cortana, please don't leave info.[/WARN]

Device -
Carrier -
City/State -
OS Version (from about screen (no screenshots please)) -
Issue Description -

Thanks everyone!!

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Device - Nokia Lumia 822
Carrier -Verizon
City/State - Fitchburg, MA
OS Version (from about screen (no screenshots please)) -8.10.12397.895
Issue Description - Cortana seems to have forgotten my work schedule. Cortana briefly had the ability to say my name a few days into the rollout (like had it and lost it over the course of 2 hours), after that it seems to have reset everything. Received the full update earlier this week, but still no traffic updates before or after my commute (which, admittedly is off hours, but Cortana did know my schedule for a few weeks).

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Device - iPhone
City - Cupertino

Cortana won't work on my iphone, even after updating to iOS8........I'm holding the phone the right way according to Cook and still nothing....please advise

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Device - iPhone
City - Cupertino

Cortana won't work on my iphone, even after updating to iOS8........I'm holding the phone the right way according to Cook and still nothing....please advise

In order to get Cortana on your iPhone, what you need to do is the following:

• Upgrade to the latest version of IOS
  • Fill a 1 gallon container half way with water and place in freezer. -NOTE- This MUST be a 1 gallon container, cannot be smaller or bigger.
  • Learn this dance and perform it in front of the freezer while the water is freezing. This is a VERY VERY important step!!
Evolution of Dance - By Judson Laipply - YouTube
  • Once the water has frozen, take the bucket out of the freezer and place the iPhone directly into the center of it.
  • Fill remainder of the bucket with water and let freeze. No need to do the dance at this point, but you can if you really want too
  • Once frozen, remove bucket and take it to the nearest Microsoft Store. Once there, show the lead technician what you have and that you are ready to have Cortana installed on your iPhone.
  • Now, they will return with your iPhone, however, it may look a little different. Cortana changes your phone, but not to worry, it changes it in a GOOD way!
  • Now, they may even ask you how big/small you want your new iPhone to be and what you do with it to make sure they get Cortana initialized to your specific usage patterns.

Please note, I would suggest you get your Cortana-iPhone upgraded with a 6 inch screen. Yeah, can be big, but damn it's nice. I have not heard any complaints from users with the 6" version. I think they call it the iPhone 1520 Deluxe. Although, the iPhone 1020 Optic Master has a fantastic Camera.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions.

*I am not responsible for any damage done to your pre-upgraded iPhone if you should choose to update. These instructions are very precise and have to be followed exactly. Deviating from this may result in damage and or loss of your pre-upgraded iPhone.

Thanks!

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
In order to get Cortana on your iPhone, what you need to do is the following:

• Upgrade to the latest version of IOS
  • Fill a 1 gallon container half way with water and place in freezer. -NOTE- This MUST be a 1 gallon container, cannot be smaller or bigger.
  • Learn this dance and perform it in front of the freezer while the water is freezing. This is a VERY VERY important step!!
Evolution of Dance - By Judson Laipply - YouTube
  • Once the water has frozen, take the bucket out of the freezer and place the iPhone directly into the center of it.
  • Fill remainder of the bucket with water and let freeze. No need to do the dance at this point, but you can if you really want too
  • Once frozen, remove bucket and take it to the nearest Microsoft Store. Once there, show the lead technician what you have and that you are ready to have Cortana installed on your iPhone.
  • Now, they will return with your iPhone, however, it may look a little different. Cortana changes your phone, but not to worry, it changes it in a GOOD way!
  • Now, they may even ask you how big/small you want your new iPhone to be and what you do with it to make sure they get Cortana initialized to your specific usage patterns.

Please note, I would suggest you get your Cortana-iPhone upgraded with a 6 inch screen. Yeah, can be big, but damn it's nice. I have not heard any complaints from users with the 6" version. I think they call it the iPhone 1520 Deluxe. Although, the iPhone 1020 Optic Master has a fantastic Camera.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions.

*I am not responsible for any damage done to your pre-upgraded iPhone if you should choose to update. These instructions are very precise and have to be followed exactly. Deviating from this may result in damage and or loss of your pre-upgraded iPhone.

Thanks!

LMFAO�� LOLOLOLOLOL �� nice one matey ������

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
LMFAO�� LOLOLOLOLOL �� nice one matey ������

Ask s silly question like that, and get a silly answer in response. I do have to say thanks, gave me a few moments of fitful giggling while writing that up. Good to do that once in a while. :D

great response, talderon. and I used an iphone. now, windows is where it's at.

I agree! Although, I have not used an iPhone since Gen 1. Hated it so much I went back to Windows Mobile 6.5. :p

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue. So for sure I have the latest version of Cortana since I have the lines and it responds with my name, but when i do a bing search for "who is cortana?" I saw on the other thread that the update allowed bing to pull more info from wikipedia and give you a summary of the character. All I see is a bing search.
Lumia 1020, ATT, latest 8.1 update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss