Cortana Voice lost?

paperlegacy

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Cortana has been fully updated and was working great until I accessed an app on my Nokia Lumia Icon "HERE Drive". The setup of that application took me to the voice downloads (didn't need to download anything) and it had the English (United States) already selected. With this being a new phone, I was curious about the app...
However, after setting up this app I have noticed that Cortana's Voice is now the terrible machine language female voice and no longer the "Updated Cortana" voice. Does anyone know how I can get Cortana's voice restored for Cortana? I understand that Cortana's voice will not work with other apps, but not it's not working for the Cortana app.
Using Cortana went from having normal human tone responses to sounding like Siri. It's driving me insane! Does anyone have any suggestions to reset Cortana's voice for the Cortana App? Thanks in advance!!

Gil Silva wp

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
have you found a way to solve the issue? oh man i know what you mean, there is no point downloading and using the app if you cant hear the great voice from cortana.

i have been asking in a lot of places, no response yet.

thanks

paperlegacy

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
So far the issue has been reported to a few others via Twitter. We are all hoping to get answers soon on the issue. It might work fine for some, but at least I'm not alone. I'll post back here if they get back to us with a solution!

VladCarlsson

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem since last morning, don't try the following:

- Remove all the data from Cortana (local data and cloud data)
- Soft Reset your phone.
- Hard Reset your phone.
- Restore the phone to WP8 then reinstall WP8.1 using Nokia Software Recover Tool

I tried all of these, the problem persists which means that the problem is NOT from our phone but rather from Microsoft's servers. They need to find out what the problem is and fix it. There's NOTHING that gets in Cortana's way since 'she' sounded like Siri even after the complete resofting of the phone so, software incompatibilities are pretty much out of the question.

paperlegacy

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Update:
WindowsPhoneSupport ‏@WinPhoneSupport 40m
@paperlegacy Thank you for informing us of this. Please also post this issue in our developer forum for 8.1:

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the same problem just now. Considering it's happening to others it has to be a server-side issue. My guess is they were updating and possibly switched something off in the process. Hopefully it sorts itself out in a day or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99