Cortana Voice lost?

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying drvarunap. So far, you're the only other person I'm aware of currently encountering this problem. In my research I found instances of the problem from earlier in the summer, but nothing recent. If the problem was widespread I assume more people would be reporting it.

What I found strange is that when I first noticed the problem, Cortana would respond about half the time in Jen's voice...and the other half of the time in her robot voice. So she went through a stage of being partially broken for a day or so before fully breaking.

I tweeted windows phone support but they (presumably) don't support the developer preview, so they told me to report the problem here: winph.ms/yayyhh
I'll try to post the problem to that forum, but not sure if I'll get around to it today.

drvarunap

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks pimpbot5001. I am quite annoyed with this problem. Its been a week and i tried everything to revive Cortana. But sigh.. Hopefully the problem is self rectifying.

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to believe that you (drvarunap) and I are the only people who are having this problem...but so far I haven't been able to get anyone to confirm that they are having the problem. That being said, I can't get anyone to confirm that they aren't having the problem either...
I'd normally be tempted to try a hard reset, but I just did one about a month ago, so I don't want to do another one so soon. And besides, Cortana appears to be almost completely server based, so I can't imagine a hard reset would make a difference.
Over on Microsoft.answers.com, the moderator asked me a series of questions regarding phone settings. So, you could try posting your own settings on that forum. Not sure it will do any good...but it couldn't do any harm.
That's all I got...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs