Why Cortana does not read the reminders aloud?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi friends,
I want to know if Cortana can actually read reminders? If yes, then what changes do I need to make in settings, if any?
Thanks!
Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
No she doesn't.. You simply get a notification at the specified time that your appointment or so is coming up.. Also if you would ask her to read you a list of the reminders she would not, but instead open the app for you

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
In that case, how would she learn things? Cortana is an AI based virtual assistant. She should learn stuffs and behave more like human. If I command her to read the text, she should read it. Its just reading stuffs aloud. She does not need to apply her dynamic intelligence to decrypt the plain text. Strange! MS should induce this skill to Cortana else it will defy the definition of an AI based voice service.
Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol there is an option that allows the tellme service in your phone to read the text being displayed on screen at that moment, but i don't use it!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
This has been discussed before.

How would you like it if you're sitting around with friends, family and all the sudden the phone says "You have an reminder to "get tested for HIV"".

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
LOL end of discussion i guess...

Edit: to be honest I've been seeing a lot of old discussions coming back to live in new threads... Guess it's good to be reminded of them sometimes

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
This has been discussed before.

How would you like it if you're sitting around with friends, family and all the sudden the phone says "You have an reminder to "get tested for HIV"".

They should give an option to read the text when reminder pops up. As simple as that.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The Cortana team is clearly working hard but they have a massive task to get Cortana translated and available to the world while also tweaking what is there, squashing bugs and adding new features.

I'd guess that at some point there will be an option to read reminders when certain conditions are met, such as time, location, day of week, whether or not busy on calendar, and whether specific Bluetooth devices are in use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05