Aftermarket Bluetooth + Cortana

CountStyrofoam

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a new car. The only sacrifice I made when choosing one and closing the deal was the absence of Bluetooth. My new car is a manual transmission and this makes talking while driving very dangerous.

I want to get a Bluetooth speakerphone, but I want it to utilize Cortana and not the speakerphone unit's native OS. I want to work with Cortana. All the units I've found seem to make you interface with the unit and mot act as a communications conduit with your phone. Any thoughts?

Phone: Lumia Icon with 8.1 developer preview
Car: 2012 Honda Accord LX

Last edited:

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a Jabra Drive in my last car, and it used the phone's interface. Worked really well - better than the BT in my new car.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a new car. The only sacrifice I made when choosing one and closing the deal was the absence of Bluetooth. My new car is a manual transmission and this makes talking while driving very dangerous.

I want to get a Bluetooth speakerphone, but I want it to utilize Cortana and not the speakerphone unit's native OS. I want to work with Cortana. All the units I've found seem to make you interface with the unit and mot act as a communications conduit with your phone. Any thoughts?

Phone: Lumia Icon with 8.1 developer preview
Car: 2012 Honda Accord LX

Don't expect all to work with 8.1 developers preview. Wait until you get the general release updates, Nokia Cyan and 8.1

Toten

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Currently using LG HBS750 Bluetooth headset. The Call button on it activates Cortana so it allows you to speak your command. Not a speaker, but maybe it answers your question.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Plantronics Voyager Legend (Long name, awesome results), and it uses both the onboard "assistant" and Cortana. If I get an incomming call, the BT states: "Incomming call: (INSERT NAME HERE)" using the name from my phone. If I hold the call button for a moment, it brings up Cortana. If I get a text message, Cortana tells me through the BT, and allows a response.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss