I just bought a new car. The only sacrifice I made when choosing one and closing the deal was the absence of Bluetooth. My new car is a manual transmission and this makes talking while driving very dangerous.

I want to get a Bluetooth speakerphone, but I want it to utilize Cortana and not the speakerphone unit's native OS. I want to work with Cortana. All the units I've found seem to make you interface with the unit and mot act as a communications conduit with your phone. Any thoughts?

Phone: Lumia Icon with 8.1 developer preview
    Car: 2012 Honda Accord LX
    Last edited by CountStyrofoam; 07-17-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    07-17-2014 07:37 AM
    For anyone who cares, I am rolling the dice and ordering this off Amazon: Motorola TX550 .

It appears to allow interfacing with the phone's OS and not the speakerphone's.
    Kasey Pierce likes this.
    07-17-2014 06:33 PM
    For anyone who cares, I am rolling the dice and ordering this off Amazon: Motorola TX550 .

It appears to allow interfacing with the phone's OS and not the speakerphone's.
    I care! I appreciate the input. I am going to miss how i can say "Ok Google" in my car to get info, so this will be nice to use to get that same feature with Cortana!
    07-17-2014 09:07 PM
    I had a Jabra Drive in my last car, and it used the phone's interface. Worked really well - better than the BT in my new car.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    07-17-2014 09:13 PM
    I just bought a new car. The only sacrifice I made when choosing one and closing the deal was the absence of Bluetooth. My new car is a manual transmission and this makes talking while driving very dangerous.

I want to get a Bluetooth speakerphone, but I want it to utilize Cortana and not the speakerphone unit's native OS. I want to work with Cortana. All the units I've found seem to make you interface with the unit and mot act as a communications conduit with your phone. Any thoughts?

Phone: Lumia Icon with 8.1 developer preview
    Car: 2012 Honda Accord LX
    Don't expect all to work with 8.1 developers preview. Wait until you get the general release updates, Nokia Cyan and 8.1
    07-17-2014 09:19 PM
    Currently using LG HBS750 Bluetooth headset. The Call button on it activates Cortana so it allows you to speak your command. Not a speaker, but maybe it answers your question.
    07-21-2014 03:41 PM
    I have a Plantronics Voyager Legend (Long name, awesome results), and it uses both the onboard "assistant" and Cortana. If I get an incomming call, the BT states: "Incomming call: (INSERT NAME HERE)" using the name from my phone. If I hold the call button for a moment, it brings up Cortana. If I get a text message, Cortana tells me through the BT, and allows a response.
    07-21-2014 06:42 PM