I wish Cortana would get a little sweary...

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Somewhere on this forum in the last few days someone asked if Cortana would ever be more like Samantha from the movie "her"......in other words, would she ever be capable of interacting on a truly human level.

Just my thoughts here, but if Cortana was a bit more....common....that might help. Example:

"Set alarm to go to the gym at 6pm"

6pm rolls in and you get "Hey, knobjockey, it's 6pm! Get your lazy fat effing arsse to the gym dammit!!"

I'd pay big money for that level of human interaction

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But there's bound to be a bunch of people up in arms over it. Whether "it corrupts the malleable youth with its evil foul language" or "promotes gun violence via its voice" I would think such a feature would only attract flak. (oh I'm not letting my son or daughter get within a yard of that dastardly cursing Window Softphone!) and for what?
I admit, it would be fun, but I think they should keep it inoffensive and focus on features. See: The attention given to the Siri + abortion clinic bug thing.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Maybe not swearing or calling names, but a little more casual. If I wanted her to curse at me I would want her rampant state to take over. haha

And yes, I'd like to see that feature that instead of triggering an alarm, she would personally say it. That's nice.

Timothy0921

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, there you go; for WPs that don't have the parental limitations activated, Cortana could, in the settings, have the option of enabling/disabling "Rampancy Mode"! 😋
All of you out there who aren't familiar enough with Halo to get the reference; in the Halo universe (where the Cortana character is from), if an AI is left running too long (more than seven years or so) they are at risk of entering a "Rampant" state, where their behavior can range anywhere between comically uber-manic (i.e. Max Headroom), and outright homicidally megalomaniacal (i.e. Lawnmower Man).
For the purposes of not being too offensive, the "Rampancy Mode" could be limited to manic, tongue in cheek responses to your queries, while still providing the same information she normally would. I honestly don't see MS devoting resources to this, but it would certainly be entertaining!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett