Cortana interest well is dry even though I have things turned on.

AgentWhiteBread

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to get Cortana to recommend places nearby to eat.

I've checked every check mark under food, GPS has been on for several days, and she still says her suggestion well is dry. I've been trying to get her to recommend something for weeks but her suggestion well is always dry. And I'm in Kansas city! There's no shortage of food here.

Has anyone had any luck getting Cortana to recommend food?

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I've checked every check mark under food, GPS has been on for several days, and she still says her suggestion well is dry. I've been trying to get her to recommend something for weeks but her suggestion well is always dry. And I'm in Kansas city! There's no shortage of food here.

She never promptly suggested me places to eat. But when I ask for recommendations nearby, I do get some.

I use "recommend me a place to eat", "recommend me a [cuisine] restaurant nearby" (replace cuisine with japanese, italian, chinese, etc).

works neatly.

you can also try to get recommendations for best rated places nearby, etc.

EDIT: I'm from Brazil, so this is not limited to US

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

What exactly do you ask her? I can simply say "I'm Hungry" and she will list 10 of the closest restaurants to me.

AgentWhiteBread

May 16, 2014
Visit site
If you click on the Cortana icon, it lists all of your interests. One of the options is to get local food recommendations based on your location without having to ask anything.

That's what I'm looking for, because even though I have it turned on, she never does anything.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
If you click on the Cortana icon, it lists all of your interests. One of the options is to get local food recommendations based on your location without having to ask anything.

That's what I'm looking for, because even though I have it turned on, she never does anything.

Okay, I've turned mine on now so we'll see if anything happens. I'm thinking it be an incomplete feature at this time.

astell

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
That 'Interest' only works on weekends from what I've noticed. I only see it on Fridays, Saturdays, and early on Sundays.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs