I'm trying to get Cortana to recommend places nearby to eat.

I've checked every check mark under food, GPS has been on for several days, and she still says her suggestion well is dry. I've been trying to get her to recommend something for weeks but her suggestion well is always dry. And I'm in Kansas city! There's no shortage of food here.

Has anyone had any luck getting Cortana to recommend food?
    07-27-2014 10:02 AM

I've checked every check mark under food, GPS has been on for several days, and she still says her suggestion well is dry. I've been trying to get her to recommend something for weeks but her suggestion well is always dry. And I'm in Kansas city! There's no shortage of food here.

She never promptly suggested me places to eat. But when I ask for recommendations nearby, I do get some.

I use "recommend me a place to eat", "recommend me a [cuisine] restaurant nearby" (replace cuisine with japanese, italian, chinese, etc).

works neatly.

you can also try to get recommendations for best rated places nearby, etc.

EDIT: I'm from Brazil, so this is not limited to US
    07-27-2014 12:17 PM

What exactly do you ask her? I can simply say "I'm Hungry" and she will list 10 of the closest restaurants to me.
    07-27-2014 12:29 PM
    If you click on the Cortana icon, it lists all of your interests. One of the options is to get local food recommendations based on your location without having to ask anything.

That's what I'm looking for, because even though I have it turned on, she never does anything.
    07-27-2014 01:42 PM
    If you click on the Cortana icon, it lists all of your interests. One of the options is to get local food recommendations based on your location without having to ask anything.

That's what I'm looking for, because even though I have it turned on, she never does anything.
    Okay, I've turned mine on now so we'll see if anything happens. I'm thinking it be an incomplete feature at this time.
    07-27-2014 02:45 PM
    That's actually oddly comforting. At least if it's incomplete they'll update it. I hope
    07-27-2014 03:37 PM
    That's actually oddly comforting. At least if it's incomplete they'll update it. I hope
    Remember although WP 8.1 is officially released now, Cortana is still in beta. Some features are not yet available.
    07-27-2014 04:22 PM
    That 'Interest' only works on weekends from what I've noticed. I only see it on Fridays, Saturdays, and early on Sundays.
    07-28-2014 10:32 PM
    The fundamental problem is the Bing POI database is horrible.
    07-28-2014 10:59 PM