Will we find out about Cortana tonight ?

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20140729_0002.jpg

Noticed today Marcus Ash is going to do or is now doing an interview about Cortana international with Daniel, will we finally find out about Cortanas roll out and its long awaited arrival outside of the USA

Last edited:

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
We can find out how many more times he's authorised to say 'within 2 weeks' before it actually is 'within 2 weeks' :wink:

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Title is misleading, it doesn't mention anything about tonight.

As Cortana is expected to be released in China on the 30th and the Uk also close to the 30th it would appear logical for Marcus to release information either "tonight ?" Or tomorrow

Regarding misleading forum title... Bite me

giorgio_katr

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
sorry but i am a llitle confused. i use the Developers Preview of WP. So we will have Cortana today and all the others that have WP8 must wait for the update 8.1?

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I commented in another thread but worth repeating - for a company dedicated to a 'universal experience' across devices MS is doing a fantastic job of fragmenting it's user base on Windows Phone.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WPCentral have done a great job of not really telling the full story about when we can expect to meet Cortana here in the UK.

I guess it'll come next week with GDR1 for developers, although Talderon said a couple of weeks back that it'll come regardless of whether you're DP or not. I guess we have to wait for clarification.

Rick Crew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WPCentral have done a great job of not really telling the full story about when we can expect to meet Cortana here in the UK.

I guess it'll come next week with GDR1 for developers, although Talderon said a couple of weeks back that it'll come regardless of whether you're DP or not. I guess we have to wait for clarification.

http://blogs.windows.com/windows_ph...spx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This blog post from Joe says that it is part of GDR1 due next week.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Aha. Great link Rick, knew I should have looked there.

Why Daniel decided to say everything on the news item except the key point I don't know...

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
This would be the DP that, at the moment, probably needs to be rolled back to get the updates that aren't available but are being updated next week? :wink:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's nothing to stop you from downloading the Preview for Developers app after you update to Cyan and continuing to get DP updates.

And yes, it's a bit of a pain, but if you want to hang with the cool kids that's the price you have to pay.

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I know. Did you notice the ':wink:'? I still maintain though that we now have several 'tiers' of Windows Phone users and no sign of when we are going to be close to an equal footing again.

Oh and though I agree that technically
There's nothing to stop you from downloading the Preview for Developers app after you update to Cyan and continuing to get DP updates
in reality there is as I can't get Cyan :wink:

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
That puts me in a confused state. I did not want to get into DP as it would void the warranty of my pretty new 520. (Yeah! Just a 520.. But still.... ). Since Cyan would roll out soooon, i thought i had no need of the DP. But now! GOD!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium