Cortana UK May be tomorrow!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You normally get an Additional Language Support update if you've added another language in the settings->languages.

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Any thoughts on why it needs an OS updating, trying to follow all cortana news but it gets confusing

If I change region to US then cortana works (not tried this yet to see whats missing) but this to me looks like it is already installed on devices just not activated
also I thought cortana was server based so change something on the server affects things, it doesn't work off line

just trying to get my head around why it needs a software update to activate it

Cheers

I also did some research into that subject. Possible reasons are
1: The Phone itself had to know that uk is allowed to have Cortana.
2:Voice language has to be available on the phone.
3: Simply some small changes in how data should be processed and understood.

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I also did some research into that subject. Possible reasons are
1: The Phone itself had to know that uk is allowed to have Cortana.
2:Voice language has to be available on the phone.
3: Simply some small changes in how data should be processed and understood.

I think it's because we'll be using a different server to the US. Cortana will have a UK accent and all spellings will be UK rather than US, so for them to do this they would have to separate it out a bit and in the update it will probably tell our phones that Cortana is available to us on Bar server rather than Foo server. :)

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I tweeted @cortanaLive asking when it was arriving on British shores. Got the reply that it would be soon, so I asked if it was tomorrow. No reply, so I tweeted her again saying 'oh, silence may speak volumes! #feelslikechristmaseve'. No reply but the tweet was favourited by @cortanaLive. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. :wink:

Probably not, I did the same 2 days ago and my tweet got favourited, its a simple, cant say but just to let you no we read your tweet

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just seen Jen Taylor confirm on twitter that she's not voicing the UK or Australian Cortana. No word on who is though.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I tweeted @cortanaLive asking when it was arriving on British shores. Got the reply that it would be soon, so I asked if it was tomorrow. No reply, so I tweeted her again saying 'oh, silence may speak volumes! #feelslikechristmaseve'. No reply but the tweet was favourited by @cortanaLive. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. :wink:

Just like I asked Nokia(effin) Australia when are we getting Cyan they said soon ( read Stock Std answer) when I asked them "if it was like last time with Lumia Black #ihatesilentreatment No Reply but it was liked and favourite d by all Aussie Lumians LOL

Just adding that I liked and "favourited" your comment above too :p not intended to rain on the humour :)
I have had my moments too :))

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb