Cortana UK May be tomorrow!

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I tweeted @cortanaLive asking when it was arriving on British shores. Got the reply that it would be soon, so I asked if it was tomorrow. No reply, so I tweeted her again saying 'oh, silence may speak volumes! #feelslikechristmaseve'. No reply but the tweet was favourited by @cortanaLive. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. :wink:

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I tweeted @cortanaLive asking when it was arriving on British shores. Got the reply that it would be soon, so I asked if it was tomorrow. No reply, so I tweeted her again saying 'oh, silence may speak volumes! #feelslikechristmaseve'. No reply but the tweet was favourited by @cortanaLive. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. :wink:

Looking good, now if only they will give us Jen Taylor's voice as an option too. Then my life would be complete

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Will this likely be available to all flavours of Windows Phone 8 in the UK i.e. 8, 8.1 and 8.1 developer preview?

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I would like the option to be able to have Jen Taylors voice also, it's not really Cortana with anyone elses voice!

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Yepp, and he (marcus) replied to me saying it will be sooner than those 2 weeks.. But wpcentral also stated in an article it will be tomorrow, but how did they know?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well considering we are supposedly getting it as part of the GDR1 DP the "within 2 weeks" thing was absolute BS!!!

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Next week for developers, the coming months for everyone else

I thought I read in the big cortana thread that everyone on 8.1 would get it at the same time (developers and non developers)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I saw that too. Looks like Talderon was unaware that an OS update is necessary to turn on Cortana for a particular region.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Any thoughts on why it needs an OS updating, trying to follow all cortana news but it gets confusing

If I change region to US then cortana works (not tried this yet to see whats missing) but this to me looks like it is already installed on devices just not activated
also I thought cortana was server based so change something on the server affects things, it doesn't work off line

just trying to get my head around why it needs a software update to activate it

Cheers

Robert Hodgins

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this means anything, but my Lumia 1520 (UK CV Lumia Cyan 8.1) just had a random 'Additional Language Support' update download which then restarted the phone. No noticeable changes. Maybe a precursor to Cortana in the UK?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans