Alpha status of Cortana!

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
did u change your region??
i didnt get any cortana aplha.. im in india!

I am also facing the same issue in India ...it says
I am afraid I'm not available to help in your region with the language u have chosen...
Even if i changed the language to US with the region set to India it is not working......It's just available in appslist sitting idle ...

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I am in Canada and I finally got Cortana. But she doesn't ask me about my interests, and when I try to set them up manually adding a new interest, I get an empty screen "Choose a category" but nothing available to choose from.
Do other alpha Cortana users get the same?

Same thing here. Fortunately I had Cortana with US region, so all those settings seemed to have carried over. However, trying to add new ones, the list is empty.

Alpha in Canada is definitely quite lacking. None of the witty replies in the voice of Jen Taylor. Really, they could've just let Canada have the same as the US, just change up a few things like the units of measurement, Canadian news sources, etc. and it would've been 80% fine. Oh well, guess we gotta wait...

Sudeep Meher

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here. Fortunately I had Cortana with US region, so all those settings seemed to have carried over. However, trying to add new ones, the list is empty.

Alpha in Canada is definitely quite lacking. None of the witty replies in the voice of Jen Taylor. Really, they could've just let Canada have the same as the US, just change up a few things like the units of measurement, Canadian news sources, etc. and it would've been 80% fine. Oh well, guess we gotta wait...

Same thing here in INDIA. Foursquare was working great previously but now so many missing feature :(

Milan Singh

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Well I found a way to get cortana working, but it wont listen to what I have to say and speech recognition is like not working at all. :(
I set my language and speech to English (UK) region is India. It gives a British accent and all other settings are not resulting in functional cortana.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Well I found a way to get cortana working, but it wont listen to what I have to say and speech recognition is like not working at all. :(
I set my language and speech to English (UK) region is India. It gives a British accent and all other settings are not resulting in functional cortana.

May be you should set speech to English India(If its there)

Barry Weston

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Once I changed my default language to English Canada it worked and ported all my settings from when I was in US region. Working great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon