Screen Activation when using Cortana over Bluetooth

jonnymay

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I was going to post in UserVoice, but I wanted to see if I could get an idea of the scope of this issue - i.e., is anybody else experiencing this, what WP models are affected, etc. So I'm hoping I'll get replies to this post that will give me some idea of this.

I am using a Lumia 920 on AT&T running WP8.1DP paired with an LG HBS730 stereo headset. When I use the headset to activate voice search via Cortana while the phone is in my pocket, the screen activates. Cortana does her thing, but she leaves the screen on when she's done, after which I end up pocket dialing people, opening numerous apps, etc., mostly unawares. If I remember correctly, this also happened when using speech to text searching *before* Cortana, when it was just Bing search.

Does anybody else have this experience, and if so, find it as annoying as I do? Is it limited to Lumias? 920s? Or is it OS-wide?

I guess it just seems to me that if the phone is in my pocket, it should operate without activating the screen.

Thanks,

JonnyMay

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I too get this 1520 8.1 cyan, the other problem is if cortana is talking in your headset but you cant hear her you turn the volume up but that cancels cortana and you then have to pick up your phone.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I keep my 925 (8.1 DP with Black firmware) in my coat pocket while riding my motorcycle, and have a Bluetooth communicator on my helmet. I will activate Cortana to have her make a call/play music/voice text/etc. and when I'm done, I'll hear her pop up a chime prompt (Sometimes canceling itself immediately), and it can happen over and over again. Has gotten me quite annoyed, and I'm sure the screen thinks I'm touching her.

indylux

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. I ride my bike and if Cortana activates in my pocket, she keeps activating over and over. Kills my music, podcast, whatever and I have to stop to restart what I was listening to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb