[Cortana] Weather alert for rain (Yellow?)

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Just had a notification from Cortana in my action centre saying "Rain Yellow" and that's it. What does it mean? It's the first time I've ever had a notification from Cortana and I don't have a clue what it's for.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Are you in NW England, or southern Scotland? The Met Office issued a "yellow warning" for rain in those areas today and tomorrow:

Just Cortana doing her job :)

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Yh I'm in nw England. Thought it might be to do with weather. Just not much of an explanation. Cool that got the warning though even if I did not know what it meant.

Rob Bushell

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
the cortana team need to include a few more settings, I really don't care about the chance of rain. I will know if its going to rain when my hair starts getting wet. unless there is a hurricane or tidal wave I really do not need to know how bad the weather predictions are..
also.. why did this pop up after midday, there are not many people that this information this late in the day will help.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, I'm in NW England as well and got the Snow/Ice /Yellow warning for the past two days. I guessed it was weather.

Only thing is snow and ice hasn't been forecast for this area, except very slightly possibly on high ground but there isn't much of that here. Even the Cortana weather forecast doesn't show any snow due. Odd.

banger696

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I got the Snow/Ice yellow warning and Im in NE England. I think the Met office issues the warnings for different areas and Cortana is using your location to highlight the warning. Mine appeared about 11pm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon