UK Cortana not chatty

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing this will get better (it /is/ a Beta after all), but this seems pretty crippled compared to the US version.

I've tried a few simple commands that you'd expect to work, including various ways of asking her to post to twitter (Gets Bing), read my email (Bing) and of course the old favourite 'Tell me a joke' - yup, she Bings that too!

Hardly the sort of thing I'll be showing off to my iPhone or Android loving friends any time soon! Again, I realise this is just a Beta, but I'd have thought Microsoft would be on a much more accelerated development schedule for this stuff.

I also get the blank screen when I try to add interests to Cortana.

Such Cortana, Very Beta ... er ... Wow?

--
RC

Did u not read the tweets that the other user posted
The tweets are from Marcus Ash
If u know who he is

adamfehres

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Disappointed at the moment does work well but its a generic robotic voice at the moment. Does understand me alot better hopefully improves over the next few weeks. It already new my home and work unsure how as I havnt programmed these anywhere well freaky.

yeoldgreat1

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The interests page and the rest of the settings worked straight away for me at the update. I'm looking forward to the back end update catching up as I can set proper commands. 1020 in UK.

Andrew Baker4

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Thought I better ask him that

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
On the alpha Coratana in Canada I said Hello and she binged it. Then I asked her what's the weather today and she talked to me indicating high and low temperature in Celsius.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. It seems that Cortana is slowly getting her personality. She just told me a joke...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, she's talking to me now. Asking the usual questions and getting answers.

The usual ones, in an English accent.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can also add interests manually.

The voice is strange, some of it seems to be acted, some is the generated voice.

misterphipps

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
All is well - she loves me again.

wp_ss_20140804_0002.jpg

Mind you, her Gollum impression is rubbish! I won't tell her though, as she's new and impressionable.

lukemholl

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Good to see she's slowly becoming chatty...
Personally I don't see the benefit of changing the voice. I don't have an issue with it, but it doesn't make it any better or worse... It's definitely lacking the warmth of Jen though :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05