UK Cortana not chatty

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for thie mikeycl, it didn't work for me, but I had a slightly different issue, I had switched from US region and language to China region (with US language) to see if Cortana changed, it didn't so switched back to US region, but not she won't talk, she'll reply with jokes etc but all in text!

Another thing i want to check without wanting to be insulting to your intelligence.

Are you speaking or tying the questions. As i'm sure you're aware she'll only respond verbally when spoken to. if you type she'll only display the output in text.

also when you changed region did you remove the old regional settings? if so they may need to be downloaded again.

double check you have the correct region and language setup and then check for updates to the phone. if any language content is needed then it will be downloaded. once downloaded and installed give the handset a restart.

Sasco1st

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Mike, I just tried to download the German speech pack, it said it was downloading and restarted, but English was still selected and she was speaking again :)

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I had interests all defined etc. They weren't lost however as they are saved up to Bing. As soon as she is switched back on they get pulled down again.

All you are doing is purging anything held on the phone

Hi, thanks! It worked as you described. She's is now the expected chatty, albeit a bit robotic, UK Cortana :)

anon(8854150)

May 14, 2014
Visit site
You are addressing her by name, right???

Your sentence has to either begin or end with, 'Cortana'...

Maybe I'm missing something, its just that that info wasn't in your post...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett