Cortana alpha in India doesn't setup

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue in India ...it says
I am afraid I'm not available to help in your region with the language u have chosen...
Even if i changed the language to US with the region set to India it is not working......It's just available in appslist sitting idle ...

I think there will be a backend update for cortana which will enable us to interact with her...

Prudhvi Raj

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue in India ...it says
I am afraid I'm not available to help in your region with the language u have chosen...
Even if i changed the language to US with the region set to India it is not working......It's just available in appslist sitting idle ...

I think there will be a backend update for cortana which will enable us to interact with her...

I have the same doubt too.. downloading UK english.. will update soon after trying that..

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Set Language and Speech Language to English UK, it will work. But Cortana will find difficulty in understanding Indian Accent

Prudhvi Raj

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Tried everything , none worked... I'm back to all US. hoping for an wpcentral article regarding this issue ... Till i'm sticking with US version...

Check everything... Language, region (set regional format to match phone language), speech.. set all of them to English(UK)..
it worked for me..

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, region can be India. Language should be English (UK) or English (US), you might have to move it to the top. Speech should also match the Language. Works for me.

anon5878284

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Set Language and Speech Language to English UK, it will work. But Cortana will find difficulty in understanding Indian Accent

Wow, I haven't faced this at all. I have a normal Indian accent and I used to find it remarkable that Cortana always understood what I'd say to her in my natural voice.

Sudeep Meher

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
with Uk setting it's working but no interaction like hello or say my name it did nothing. just pop up bing search.
in interest also no feature to add. Foursquare integration was working fine with us version in india but it;s also missing
it's better to get back us version

Prudhvi Raj

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
with english UK it doesn't understand 9 out of 10 times.. it says sorry didn't get that.. never had a problem with the US version.. I think we'll have to wait for some back end updates...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo