Your UK Experience of Cortana

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Which I did. Doesn't change the facts.

UK Cortana sucks! All "she" gives is web search results, there is zero personality to "her". Anyone who says "she" is fine hasn't tried the US version. Microsoft needs to either put a proper actress on it full time or let us pick Jen Taylor, this is a disgrace really.

So because you have a problem then everyone else does. That's what your original post seems to be stating as fact!!!

FYI Cortana IS working perfectly for me so don't generalise.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've read other posts on that thread and others, I've read tweets, clearly I'm not the only user in the whole of the UK to have a problem.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've read other posts on that thread and others, I've read tweets, clearly I'm not the only user in the whole of the UK to have a problem.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Fair enough, no you aren't but making it seem like EVERYONE is having a problem is incorrect.

TheHusky

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
As a HTC guy from Europe who hopes to get the update at some point in my life, I came here to see how she's s doing. Glad to see that she's getting better and better! Also, what's the point of spelling out in UK English way? You speak to her and eg. favorite or favourite are said the same way....

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Looks like searching from the browser address bar now only uses Bing after I enabled Cortona and I can't see how to put it back to Google search..anyone know if Cortona is responsible for this

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Also, what's the point of spelling out in UK English way? You speak to her and eg. favorite or favourite are said the same way....

The point is that the word "favourite" is spelled f-a-v-o-u-r-i-t-e. It wouldn't do us any good to start encouraging bad spelling now, would it?

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to get Cortana to email anyone. Text and call are fine.

Me either. But then I can't even get it to open the email client for me to compose a mail. Just opens up account settings.

Edit. Is working now. Incidentally have you asked it to sing? I've had Danny Boy and Daisy Daisy, pitch perfect :?)

andynew89

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have set my phone to UK and cortana works but not like the US version. She understands simple commands like call mom text mom where's nearest shop etc. but if i tell her to sing me a song, tell me a joke or How are you she just bing it :(

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I have set my phone to UK and cortana works but not like the US version. She understands simple commands like call mom text mom where's nearest shop etc. but if i tell her to sing me a song, tell me a joke or How are you she just bing it :(
Give it time. It was like that for me for the first day.

Goldn3agle

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
"Generic Personal Assistant" won't pickup my voice at all, or detect any songs I ask her to identify.
Strange considering Shazam doesn't work either, probably GDR1 messing with my 925.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion