Cortana as a contact on bluetooth kit in the car

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I wanted this feature badly too, cause I couldn't really user Cortana, but now I can.

Me too, guys (most wanted feature for me! Many posts on subject)! I even submitted this to Cortana uservoice website. Finally! Working great! Feeling Joaquin Phoenix (well, not so much)! Lol! Thank you, Msoft!!!!

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
And thank you for requesting this feature.
Me too, guys (most wanted feature for me! Many posts on subject)! I even submitted this to Cortana uservoice website. Finally! Working great! Feeling Joaquin Phoenix (well, not so much)! Lol! Thank you, Msoft!!!!

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm on 8.1, update 1, on a 1520 with Cyan. I have a Hyundai Sonata with hands free. Cortana did not show up in my contacts. I added a dummy contact and if I say "call Cortana", I can see it activate on the phone, but within a couple seconds, the sound source comes back on. I can't seem to give any command to Cortana by activating that way. I works fine if I just launch from the phone, but that's what I'm trying to avoid. Any ideas??

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Did you try the advanced settings under Bluetooth, use an alternate....?
I'm on 8.1, update 1, on a 1520 with Cyan. I have a Hyundai Sonata with hands free. Cortana did not show up in my contacts. I added a dummy contact and if I say "call Cortana", I can see it activate on the phone, but within a couple seconds, the sound source comes back on. I can't seem to give any command to Cortana by activating that way. I works fine if I just launch from the phone, but that's what I'm trying to avoid. Any ideas??

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I tried again today and it worked. I didn't do anything different. I'm just glad it's working--cool feature.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Just as it "Just worked" yesterday, when I got in the car today, my voice prompt wouldn't work at all. Not sure what's going on.

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
does that number only work if you're in the US? I tried it on my phone and when I called it didn't do anything.

According to the specifications (https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/OEM/docs/Customization/Cortana_phone_number) :

When the user dials the custom phone number from the car, the phone activates Cortana (or the phone's default speech engine if Cortana is turned off or is not available), instead of making a phone call.

so I would assume this is a thing that only works over Bluetooth, not in the regular dialer.

Manually adding a Cortana contact with that number and dialing it over Bluetooth should work, though - I might give that a try later. Wanted to see if calling it "_Cortana" moves it to the top of the list in my car, anyway :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs