CORTANA UPDATE: She finally works fully while phone is locked!

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Works ok for me. I use Glance and it doesn't work there, but as soon as I wake the phone, pressing and holding the search key allows Cortana to work from the lockscreen without having to enter my pin to unlock the phone. Running a L925 with 8.1 Update 1 (Nokia Black Firmware).

hotmilkgt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I thought this has always worked since 8.1?
Maybe I'm confused or mistaken about the function. I was always able to ask Cortana to do stuff.. and I have to enter my pin before she continues.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I thought this has always worked since 8.1?
Maybe I'm confused or mistaken about the function. I was always able to ask Cortana to do stuff.. and I have to enter my pin before she continues.

I think this means that now you don't need to enter your pin at all to get most results.

Action: Start Cortana from the lock screen by long-pressing the search button and then ask a question
Result Pre Update: Cortana prompted for a PIN in most situations, except making a phone call or sending a text
Result Post Update: Cortana returns most results immediately without requiring a pin

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I really, really hope that disabling the option for speech above lock completely removes this behavior. I really don't want Cortana to accidentally start doing stuff if my phone is locked, pretty much ever. That's the only way I can feel secure that I won't be accidentally sending stuff while my phone is in my pocket.

Mike Kearns

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
This is an odd update because I can make calls now without entering my passcode. I have done this seems like a huge security blunder. I was all smug watching all the security breaches in iOS 7. Me thinks they need to pick up their game. The thought of people having access to my phonebook and ability to call China if I lose my phone dis pleases me immensely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett