Cortana "I'm afraid I'm not available to help in your region with the language you have chosen"

Kowboyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Cortana "I'm afraid I'm not available to help in your region with the language you have chosen"

I finally got the 8.1 update on my Nokia 1520 (unlocked phone) I was excited to see Cortana was available. When I select the app my screen says: "I'm afraid I'm not available to help in your region with the language you have chosen"

I am in the USA and my language is English. Why isn't this working for me?

Kowboyy

MameTozhio

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana "I'm afraid I'm not available to help in your region with the language you have chosen"

I finally got the 8.1 update on my Nokia 1520 (unlocked phone) I was excited to see Cortana was available. When I select the app my screen says: "I'm afraid I'm not available to help in your region with the language you have chosen"

I am in the USA and my language is English. Why isn't this working for me?

Kowboyy

Make sure you have the langauge set as English (US), and have the English (US) keyboard as well as the English (US) speech settings and regional settings, and make sure the region is set to United States.

Kowboyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana "I'm afraid I'm not available to help in your region with the language you have chosen"

All my settings are correct as stated. Is it possible I am having a difficult time due to the fact I purchased mu 1520 as an unlocked phone from Hong Kong? Is there settings in the phone that makes me look like I'm in HK? Also I am running Preview For Developers.

Kowboyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

OK I feel stupid, I had the region and language set correctly in the "Regional" settings. But language setting was set to British English. Changed that to American English and Cortana came online. Also check the keyboard settings after making any changes, that changed to Chinese after making the other changes. Thanks for the help MameTozhio.

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Hello My frnd, Try to select language uk one not usa one...

manishjoshi3484

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site

I live in India but Cortana is not available here. Changed all settings to US. Now Cortana is working fine. Thanks to all who contributed in this forum. Best wishes for everyone.

Tushar Kanti1

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Cortana is available in India from today morning for Lumia 1020 but I am getting the "I am afraid" issue. I have checked the regional, language and speech settings all are pointing to region India. I am using English(India) for language and speech. But still Cortana is not activating. Any help will be great.

Badam920

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

Change the speech settings to UK Cortana will start working...

Tushar Kanti1

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Thanks.. I had to choose English India as default along with English US as enabled in language

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99