"Sorry I didn't get that."

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
My Cortana just doesn't work..

I try to say something to her whether it's a simple command or a complex phrase or even something I want her to search the web for and all I get is the bottom changes from "Listening" to "Thinking" and she just says:

"Sorry, I didn't get that."

Search for "..."

When I change my region, language and speech settings to US as I am speaking the "Listening" at the bottom changes to the words I am saying, but that doesn't happen for the UK version. I have done a full reset and even triple checked my settings but still nothing :(

Any suggestions to fix this annoying issue that makes Cortana absolutely useless, it seems like she can't recognise any words via speech as typing the commands in works fine.

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Quick update. I disabled Cortana and restarted my phone, then tried to use the old bing search system and the voice recognition still doesn't work, yet when I switch my Language in Speech to United States it works perfectly!! Is there any way to delete the United Kingdom speech that is installed on my phone and reinstall it as I think that is the issue here :(

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I observed same issue in India. I have selected speech as English UK. When I speak, it identifies my words. But no results for my words :(

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
All you got to do guys is change region, keyboard and language to American settings. All 3 of these needs to be resetted one by one. Make sure that all the settings are on the top. For instance...when you select english/american keyboard make sure you hold and press on English keyboard..this will be removed putting the american/english at the top. Do this with all 3 settings and it will work. I did it and I live in England. Works fine for me

Prudhvi Raj

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It's been the same with me too.. Doesn't even recognize a single word.. It stays in listening mode and then jumps to thinking.. Finally it says sorry didn't get that..

Prudhvi Raj

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
All you got to do guys is change region, keyboard and language to American settings. All 3 of these needs to be resetted one by one. Make sure that all the settings are on the top. For instance...when you select english/american keyboard make sure you hold and press on English keyboard..this will be removed putting the american/english at the top. Do this with all 3 settings and it will work. I did it and I live in England. Works fine for me
You are right.. But the problem we are discussing is about Cortana alpha in India..

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

But then you end up with American Cortana and she gives the temperature in Fahrenheit ect. Also I don't seem to get traffic alerts in the American mode :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12