Can't access Cortana on Nokia Lumia 925?

chaimedes

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I am in the US, using a Nokia Lumia 925 that has all the most recent updates. But no Cortana -- and when I follow the guide to activate it in Settings->Applications, there's no option for it. This is a windows 8.1 phone; I was under the impression it was supposed to be able to have Cortana.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just want to confirm you've checked the following.

What version of Windows Phone do you have on the handset can you give the build number? (Settings > About)

Double check the language region and speech are all set to US and ensure that as Laura correctly noted location services are on. Make sure there are no language pack updates by checking the handset for updates and then restart the handset.

If it still doesn't show up either in the Apps list or in settings then a hard reset may be in order.

rimarks

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I looked at my language and English (United Kingdom) was first then English (United States). I moved United States up and restarted my phone. Cortana loaded.

magda lis

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

Cortana does work no Nokia Lumia 925 it's you need to go to app store and get the preview for devs hi well

Help you I tard like you did the help me a lot now

Magdalena lis

andax

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello
Yes, i did read the date and i know it is a rather old thread but i think it is still a relevant Topic...

And, with some reservations, YES, meanwhile you can have Cortana on Nokia Lumia 925 but you need update to a little tested (!) version of Windows phone 10 which you can get by installing the Windows Insider application and then it only works in english language. With 8.1 it doesn't work.
I did all that primarily for seeing Cortana in Action. After all this i tell you it is not worth the effort and in my case some everyday applications don't work after the update and i cannot rollback to 8.1. So, i would not do it again. (default browser, HERE navi and some minor other apps don't work anymore)

Cortana is nice to have but after all that hype i expected much more. And knowing about Watson, the artificially intelligent computer system from IBM, i thought there would be much more possible in text comprehension of a low level artifical intelligence such as Cortana. There may be many more algorithms inside a final release but i guess no.

Before the update i did also read somewhere about a sensorcore which is required to run Cortana. I did not find clear informations about the Lumia 925 if it has such sensorcore or not but now i see Cortana is working on my Lumia 925.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss