Anyone know how to get Cortana to speak in a British accent without changing your US settings?

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The time on my phone is not US standard when I go through all these settings to change Cortana's accent to British. It'll either be army time or it won't have AM or PM.

I don't mind Celsius for weather because I just tell her to tell me in ferinheight.

If I keep all US settings and just change language it says not available.

So, anyone know how I can get her to speak with the British accent without changing US standards?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The time on my phone is not US standard when I go through all these settings to change Cortana's accent to British. It'll either be army time or it won't have AM or PM.

I don't mind Celsius for weather because I just tell her to tell me in ferinheight.

If I keep all US settings and just change language it says not available.

So, anyone know how I can get her to speak with the British accent without changing US standards?

You can't. They all have to match up or it won't work - which is annoying when you're in the UK and want the correct voice...

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Actually, everything is fine except for the calendar time..ugh. Hopefully they'll give us more options.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs