How to get Cortana for Lumia 520 India?

Karthika KK

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Please help in understanding whether can download Cortana for Lumia 520 which got updated today. I'm from India so I suppose the alpha version is available. Please guide me :)

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
^^^ You have WP8.1 with GDR1 Developer Preview? Only with this Cortana is available in India in Alpha version.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
That's correct. You wont get Cortana-India if you are running official Cyan. You got to download Developers Preview - GDR 1 to get it.
P.S: Cortana-India which is in Alpha state is not at all up to the mark! I would suggest you to use Cortana-USA which is in Beta state and works very well. Choice is yours :)

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
No it isn't showing up in my mobile :( is it not available to 520 ? :(

For Alpha Cortana with UK settings, you need to update to WP 8.1 Update 1. And then change your 'speech language' to English (UK)

For Beta Cortana with US settings, you should be on WP 8.1 (you should have got it last night) > Change your country to 'United States' and your language to 'English (US)' and speech language to 'English (US)' and just restart. You will find Cortana in your apps.

PS: There might be Facebook sync issues if you change your region.

Roshan Mohapatra

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone myself ROSHAN from INDIA and my LUMIA 520 supports CORTANA
steps to make your cortana enable:

1) Make sure that your mobile is upgraded to 8.1
2)BATTER SAVER must be turned off.
3) change your REGION & LANGUAGE along with SPEECH settings everything to UNITED STATES (ENGLISH).
4) RESTART your phone
5)CLICK on CORTANA and enjoy..

plz send your feedback after doing this .. thankyou !

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
No need to change location to USA! Cortana might not work properly, just check out wpcentral how to activate Cortana in India! If you change your location, you might get some problems

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
No need to change location to USA! Cortana might not work properly, just check out wpcentral how to activate Cortana in India! If you change your location, you might get some problems

To get Cortana in India we need to be in WP 8.1 Update 1, which is available only for Devs, and which will void your warranty.

The only problem I faced by changing the Location is, you have to purchase the apps in USD not in INR. And MixRadio Store is always showing me American albums, though 'Play Me' is working fine.

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
most easy is to change your region language and speech to US and ofcourse when you change speech to US u need to download the US Speech which will b available as a phone update. restart the phone after each step like changing region then language then downloading speech. n u will enjoy cortana

thebond009

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned, I have followed the steps but still i am unable to see cortana in my lumia 520.
My device is updated with windows3.1 , not the developer preview ..
Can i get a update on this , to proceed further and install cortana

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned, I have followed the steps but still i am unable to see cortana in my lumia 520.
My device is updated with windows3.1 , not the developer preview ..
Can i get a update on this , to proceed further and install cortana

After you change your language to English (US) your phone will do a device update. If its not done check in Settings > Phone Updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)