Cortana Backend down?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

it seems that the cortana backend is down for me right now. When I fire her up I only get this "Interests aren't available at the moment...". Whatever I try to change in the settings what requires the backend also does not work.

Anybody else having the same problems?

DrDon

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I'll repeat what I posted elsewhere. Using Nokia Lumia 1020 both without and with update 1

n fact, none of the solutions for the Cortana errors seem to be working with my Lumia 1020. Can't get to "interests" and every command I speak that would require internet use gets the "something has gone wrong. Try again later" reply. And, yes, I've tried running cell data only and I've tried WiFi only. I've rebooted her in airplane mode. I've allowed cookies, logged into Facebook and changed the speech settings off of Bluetooth only. Everything some people have done to get it working isn't working with mine. It's eaten up most of my weekend.

Help would be appreciated.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

it seems that the cortana backend is down for me right now. When I fire her up I only get this "Interests aren't available at the moment...". Whatever I try to change in the settings what requires the backend also does not work.

Anybody else having the same problems?

I have the same issue since yesterday, Cortana tells me that her suggestion well is dry at the moment and interests aren't available now.

Argle

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes same problem.......... followed by Something's not right. Try again in a little bit (8004100b) if she doesn't like my question
Tried the cookie thing in IE to no avail

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Also, interests on the Bing website don't work from my desktop, so it definitely has to be a problem in the Bing backend.

smchambers56

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Got a 635 yesterday for one of my lines. Had the same issue. Tried this morning before work and it worked. Must be an issue this weekend for first time users. My 1520 did not have this issue.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My Cortana seems kaputt.

After clearing my interests' data over the Bing web page, it works. As soon as I add a news interest, it stops working altogether again and doesn't show anything anymore. Clearing data resolves it everytime.

Strange thing is this happens only when adding news interests. All others can be added without any problems...

Also, it doesn't matter if I add the interests via Cortana on the phone or via the Bing page. On both interfaces the same issue appears.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel