I've been having a problem with Cortana reading my incoming messages out loud when listening to my music. I've contacted AT&T and we then contacted Nokia and did all the trouble shooting and the issue still persists, so AT&T sent me out a new phone and after I updated that one to 8.1, it the same thing all over again. I posted the issue previously, but I guess I'm the only weirdo with a defective phone. Rather than trying to explain the problem again and not be fully understood. I decided to post a link to a video I uploaded to YouTube showing the problem. BTW, the issue is Cortana is set to read my messages to me respond and resume my music through my wired headset, but for some strange reason when she done the music resumes through the rear speaker on my phone, although the wired headset is plugged in. Me, AT&T and Nokia have done all the troubleshooting steps and the finally conclusion was to issue me a new phone which has the same issue. Can someone please help me this is driving me crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=B1s9QojP10Y
    08-19-2014 10:52 PM
    What is the youtube link for and what model phone?
    08-20-2014 12:25 AM
    08-20-2014 08:04 AM
    link doesn't work for me
    08-20-2014 09:40 AM
    Just to confirm you have setup your phone to read messages out load when connected to headphones or Bluetooth - that element is working correctly? You're having an issue that after dealing with the message the music starts playing through the phone speaker?

If that's the case you're not the only one having the issue. I've had that problem and someone else has reported it on the Microsoft Community forum. You should also put your experience in this thread Incoming SMS Text causes speaker to turn on when using headphones - Microsoft Community to help them diagnose.
    08-22-2014 03:41 AM