when i select search from navigation bar, cortona pops out. I would like to get the old search features which includes bing, music search and scan instead of cortona. It is possible to get the previous feature back while selecting search without deactivating cortona?
    08-30-2014 04:40 AM
    Turning off location services will disable Cortana. You can't really ask someone to go into the settings every time they want a Bing search.

Cortana has music search (it's the musical note in the top right). The only thing missing is Bing Vision, and that can be found as a separate camera lens. Each update has progressively took more functionality away from Bing vision (only QR tags are left), so it's largely useless now.

We don't know at this point whether future updates will allow Cortana to open her eyes as well as her ears and mouth.
    Settings>Cortana.

Then, turn the entire operation off. Problem solved!

(Ah, oops. Read the OP incorrectly. You simply can't do this currently.)
    Mohd Fadil A likes this.
    08-30-2014 04:44 AM
    hope next update will enable to do that
    08-30-2014 05:00 AM
    Turn off location service

Sent from my drone upon your head
    Mohd Fadil A likes this.
    08-30-2014 05:25 AM
    Turning off location services will disable Cortana. You can't really ask someone to go into the settings every time they want a Bing search.

Cortana has music search (it's the musical note in the top right). The only thing missing is Bing Vision, and that can be found as a separate camera lens. Each update has progressively took more functionality away from Bing vision (only QR tags are left), so it's largely useless now.

We don't know at this point whether future updates will allow Cortana to open her eyes as well as her ears and mouth.
    Laura Knotek and Mohd Fadil A like this.
    09-01-2014 09:42 AM