Cortana vs Indigo

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Lets face it, Cortana has been one of the most sought after feature that came with the upgrade to 8.1 & while there have been multiple comparisons of Cortana, Google Now & Siri which are all platform exclusive assistants, I haven't seen any comparisons to platform independent apps like Indigo, Jarvis, etc.
While, the Cortana team did make an announcement earlier on that she would be made available to other platforms as well, thankfully it hasn't been done yet (hopefully never).
Indigo, on the other hand, is a nice assistant, who in my opinion is a worthy competitor for Cortana & isn't tied down to any particular OS.
Having used both Cortana & Indigo, the following are my observations:
Cortana, being deeply integrated into the OS, is a lot more feature packed, like quiet hours, location based reminders & so on. Also, Jen's voice makes it so much better as compared to the more robotic voice that Indigo offers.
Negatives would include not being able to engage into conversation of sorts with Cortana, which Indigo manages to handle pretty well as it offers a kind of threaded storage & recall system. Another negative for me is the fact that Cortana drinks a lot more battery juice than Indigo.

Would be nice to see the best of both moulded into one great assistant & be WP exclusive, but I suppose thats too much to ask for...

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
While, the Cortana team did make an announcement earlier on that she would be made available to other platforms as well, thankfully it hasn't been done yet (hopefully never).

Hopefully they don't make Cortana available for Android or iOS. Would be nice to see her on Windows PC though, especially if she can sync my PC and phone.

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Before Contana I was using Indigo, it was nice but Cortana is more than a bunch of commands, it's scanning emails, text messages and web, (the web scanning feature works only on phones without the Update 1) it scans dates/time/days to add to your calendar, also scans for locations to navigate...

After update 1(GDR1) the ability to scan on web was removed, I HATE THAT, it was a unique feature, now on Web only detects phone numbers (tap to call) like the rest of OS's (Android and iOS) but the option like "tap to navigate" was removed and I want it back! try by yourself on any phone were the GDR1 is not installed, it's amazing when you visit a website and contains location addresses or other information and you can integrate with calendar or navigate with a tap...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster