Calendar Reminders - When to Leave

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Would you be able to tell me if this "leave now reminder" is just for you Beta's that it works. I have the Alpha version in Aus and cant find a thing on how to turn the feature on in Cortana :)

Since the "leave now" thing involves live traffic updates and calculating the travel time considering current traffic delays, it may only be beta. Do you get live traffic in the HERE apps?

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Since the "leave now" thing involves live traffic updates and calculating the travel time considering current traffic delays, it may only be beta. Do you get live traffic in the HERE apps?

Yes, you get live traffic with it. This feature must be turned on in app settings. Her source is Bing though. When you use the "get me there" command, after she tells you about traffic info, HERE+ can be then launched automatically as your default GPS for Cortana. Her source can't be changed. Don't know if you already knew it, just my 2 cents! Cheers!

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you get live traffic with it. This feature must be turned on in app settings. Her source is Bing though. When you use the "get me there" command, after she tells you about traffic info, HERE+ can be then launched automatically as your default GPS for Cortana. Her source can't be changed. Don't know if you already knew it, just my 2 cents! Cheers!

I wasn't asking if HERE does live traffic, I was asking Skamath if they get live traffic on the HERE apps in Australia. If you notice above, Skamath was saying he is unable to get "leave now" reminders and is using the Alpha test of Cortana in Australia.

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't asking if HERE does live traffic, I was asking Skamath if they get live traffic on the HERE apps in Australia. If you notice above, Skamath was saying he is unable to get "leave now" reminders and is using the Alpha test of Cortana in Australia.

Well then, let me see if I got it, you mean like, if he doesn't get the leave now feature, then at least he could live with a good GPS with live traffic info like on HERE+?
Anyway, I'm sorry, my bad if I misunderstood you guys! Just helping and enjoying the platform here! 😃

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Well then, let me see if I got it, you mean like, if he doesn't get the leave now feature, then at least he could live with a good GPS with live traffic info like on HERE+?
Anyway, I'm sorry, my bad if I misunderstood you guys! Just helping and enjoying the platform here! ��

LOL. No, I wasn't thinking Skamath could get by with good GPS. I was asking if he had live traffic as a diagnostic measure. No live traffic probably means no "leave now" functionality.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

Yes I do get live traffic updates. but nothing that you guys are enjoying with Cortana yet. Even the songs she sings with half a heart. Well I guess it is Beta then.

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
LOL. No, I wasn't thinking Skamath could get by with good GPS. I was asking if he had live traffic as a diagnostic measure. No live traffic probably means no "leave now" functionality.

LoL. Then my first post stands! :) Her source is Bing, not HERE+. Best regards!

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Sad news - after I got her working for several days, she stopped again. :-(

She stopped reminding me of appointments and when to leave - and she stopped telling me dinner places and lunch places, etc.

I turned her off, wiped her data, and turned her back on. We're back in business - dunno how long though.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Sad news - after I got her working for several days, she stopped again. :-(

She stopped reminding me of appointments and when to leave - and she stopped telling me dinner places and lunch places, etc.

I turned her off, wiped her data, and turned her back on. We're back in business - dunno how long though.

Grrr. GLaDOS at work here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo