09-08-2014 04:37 AM
53 123
tools
    Customers are unhappy if they don't find what they need. Again, personal needs.
    I don't talk to Cortana, I mostly use it for searching, but I'm not saying that it's a useless feature that MS is forcing me to use.
    Another problem is privacy concerns, as your first post in this thread suggested. If you are afraid of spying and other privacy stuff, you should not even use a phone, or PC, or anything else.
    I am not so important to be an object of spying; however the nature of my work and the nature of my other studies teaches me that being careless about this aspect is a mistake i gladly leave to the happy skepticals (the same tomorrow will come back ranting about their basic rights having been violated). This doesn't mean i am happy that a bunch of paranoid maniacs has the tools (with company's blessing) to stick nose in my life. So, while i am aware they can reach anyways, i do avoid the useless. In this specific case, i can grant you i don't need Cortana. If a non US company makes a domotic platform where i can voice control my home appliances, temps and lighting (they are already there indeed but not in an evolved form) then i may be tempted as long as the system is fenced and with no external contact. That may come handy as you do everything while sitting on a sofa on a lazy day. Of course this last part is a very personal take on the topic.
    PS: Most of the people working in any sensitive field where i live uses old dumphones supplied by the government or by the company. This allows them to have to control only one platform..3 GSM bands. They are not connected in any other way. They don't use smartphones of any brand except some rare BB. There is no much BYOD in some fields. Smartphones are inherently unsafe for an extreme variety of reasons (from the US made software, to the fact they rely on US companies or 5 eyes-based companies, to the fact that the wide variety of sensors and other devices makes them tracking devices you pay for). Essentially, you don't know what's in your phone.
    09-07-2014 08:52 PM
    Maybe you're missing the point between BASIC FUNCTIONS (Keyboard inputs missing, mail apps working as expected, browsers offering security and add ons, encryption..stuff all devices have and people need) and apps you may or may not need. There is basic set of functions a phone has. Dumb phones (especially top ones) already had all keyboard inputs preloaded. WP doesn't. They had in their most evolved forms, a working Office app (WP doesn't have a really working Office app).
    They are nice toys for taking pictures (to the point i am not carrying a photocamera anymore because the pictures especially in low light are just extraordinary out of the box) and do a few other things. If you need a phone to work you don't buy a WP. I can take the time (when i have time) to make a video and show you how the workflow goes on Android and how it goes on WP. Past that i am sure you won't have much left to say.
    Are you talking about phones with physical keyboard, or externally connected one? Because what you're talking about doesn't make any sense for me.

As far as I've concluded, you rely much on privacy and there are some missing features on WP for you. Again, it's personal needs.
    09-08-2014 04:35 AM
    I am not so important to be an object of spying; however the nature of my work and the nature of my other studies teaches me that being careless about this aspect is a mistake i gladly leave to the happy skepticals (the same tomorrow will come back ranting about their basic rights having been violated). This doesn't mean i am happy that a bunch of paranoid maniacs has the tools (with company's blessing) to stick nose in my life. So, while i am aware they can reach anyways, i do avoid the useless. In this specific case, i can grant you i don't need Cortana. If a non US company makes a domotic platform where i can voice control my home appliances, temps and lighting (they are already there indeed but not in an evolved form) then i may be tempted as long as the system is fenced and with no external contact. That may come handy as you do everything while sitting on a sofa on a lazy day. Of course this last part is a very personal take on the topic.
    PS: Most of the people working in any sensitive field where i live uses old dumphones supplied by the government or by the company. This allows them to have to control only one platform..3 GSM bands. They are not connected in any other way. They don't use smartphones of any brand except some rare BB. There is no much BYOD in some fields. Smartphones are inherently unsafe for an extreme variety of reasons (from the US made software, to the fact they rely on US companies or 5 eyes-based companies, to the fact that the wide variety of sensors and other devices makes them tracking devices you pay for). Essentially, you don't know what's in your phone.
    So why the heck on the world are you whining so much about WP, if you are not even allowed to use it? You definitely spend your time.

Are you from China BTW? Because that would make a lot more sense to me.
    09-08-2014 04:37 AM
53 123