Hi guys,

I updated to WP 8.1 as well as Cyan. However I cannot find Cortana on my phone. Is it currently not supported/released in the UK?
    09-15-2014 10:43 AM
    it is released in alpha version... you should install preview for developers and then update to Windows phone 8.1 update 1 in order to get Cortana...
    09-15-2014 11:17 AM
    it is released in alpha version... you should install preview for developers and then update to Windows phone 8.1 update 1 in order to get Cortana...
    In the UK it's a beta release. OP, you need the Update 1 DP to get Cortana as it's not part of WP8.1
    09-15-2014 03:40 PM
    I mean what does that answer even mean? I'm just a consumer not a geek - what is it with this OS, some people get this some get that updates roll out at a snails pace.....I mean what the hell is wrong with you? Only 9 months and I'm going back to iOS and Apple - the OS isn't so good but at least they are just straightforward and clear.
    11-08-2014 06:42 AM
    I mean what does that answer even mean? I'm just a consumer not a geek - what is it with this OS, some people get this some get that updates roll out at a snails pace.....I mean what the hell is wrong with you? Only 9 months and I'm going back to iOS and Apple - the OS isn't so good but at least they are just straightforward and clear.
    Changed my country to Zimbabwe in order to runaway from kotana. The software is being tested, hence you need to register to test the software.
    11-08-2014 06:51 AM
    Are you high? When Siri was released, it wasn't global either.
    No need to be a geek to get Cortana. When Denim is rolled out by the end of the year, UK will get Cortana in alpha (or beta) without any geek trick.

I hope other european countries as France will get it as well.

OS and FW are rolled out every 6 monthes, I find it a good pace. Cortana is totally another question as it requires country and language tailoring.
    11-08-2014 07:02 AM
    Are you high? When Siri was released, it wasn't global either.
    No need to be a geek to get Cortana. When Denim is rolled out by the end of the year, UK will get Cortana in alpha (or beta) without any geek trick.

I hope other european countries as France will get it as well.

OS and FW are rolled out every 6 monthes, I find it a good pace. Cortana is totally another question as it requires country and language tailoring.
    UK already has Cortana in beta with WP8.1.1, I should know as I have it already on my ATIV S.
    11-11-2014 02:37 PM