Why is Cortana acting funny?

Ferdoce

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Cortana acting funny

Cortana has stopped acting as it should on my 920 the voice is the default search voice and every command I give the now male voice just responds with "searching for ..." And brings back just a web search, even though I asked it to set an alarm or make a note.
Is it just me?

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana acting funny

If you go to Cortana>options list (top right)>settings> and turn Cortana off it may do a sort of reset. You're supposed to be able to reset Cortana after turning her off but I don't see that option.
Also do you use the male voice normally or is that one of the bugs?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

If you go to Cortana>options list (top right)>settings> and turn Cortana off it may do a sort of reset. You're supposed to be able to reset Cortana after turning her off but I don't see that option.
Also do you use the male voice normally or is that one of the bugs?
Change the language, and you'll see that option

Ferdoce

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

I did all that and didn't work, but found the problem, I had previously changed the region to my country to make a store purchase and when I went back to US is when the problem began, it was like the OS kept the bing search with the Cortana UI (I didn't immediately use Cortana after the change so I didn't correlate the change of region with the problem) so I went back to my region waited a while let everything set in and then went back again to US and voil?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05