No Cortana for UK...Why is it collecting data from my phone?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if mine's locked or not, I got it directly from O2 and I don't have another nano sim to check. Probably locked as it has the O2 logo at startup.

My best guess is that they are releasing it in stages so everybody isn't trying to download it at the same time. Seems odd that CPW should get it before O2 though.

Even if you unlocked the phone yourself O2 would still have to approve the update.

hedning

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I am pretty sure that is is running in the background to gather regional information, marketing information and other relevant information needed for the development and improvement of the app. So now when the app is live you can go ahead an enjoy it much better than it would have been in a previous beta stage :)

Last edited:

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
O2 have only just approved the 8.1.1 update, there was an issue during testing. Its now been given the green light so expect it very soon.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
To all you guys in the uk on O2 or what ever networks! The talk of cortana is go for the UK is for people using the app from MS called preview for developers. All you need is your MS email account . then phone update and hit check ..

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
8.1.1 update with Cortana has already been released for UK Lumia 930's ( unless its locked to O2 ) so no need for preview for developers. UK Cortana really needs Jen Taylors voice!

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
UK Cortana voice is much better than the original UK beta voice which sounded too robotic and too 'fake-English'. Latest version that I'm using on my UK 930 is a nice blend. Has some Jen Taylor-isms to it. However, some robotic answers are there too

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
O2 have only just approved the 8.1.1 update, there was an issue during testing. Its now been given the green light so expect it very soon.

No it hasn't, not as far as I am aware. According to Chris_K, an O2 representative, on the O2 Community forums a couple of days ago they did have an issue and referred it back to Nokia "as a matter of urgency" so we're now waiting for Nokia. No update has been posted since.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
To all you guys in the uk on O2 or what ever networks! The talk of cortana is go for the UK is for people using the app from MS called preview for developers. All you need is your MS email account . then phone update and hit check ..

No, you can get it by installing the Developer Preview but us customers on O2 are still waiting for the full official update.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
This was just posted on the UK O2 forums now... "We're fully expecting the GDR1 update for the Lumia 930 to go live this week - as early as this evening, no less. Please keep your eyes out for any notifications and if you're running an O2 branded 930 purchased from O2 direct, feel free to manually check for updates too."

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
We got denim alright !! clothing line deal for there priority app 25% of .. and they've just posted out update one official.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte